Microsoft has cut off nearly 40 percent of its existing user base of phones from the Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update. The alternative: run the beta OS.
Google says it's actively looking for, and trying to bury, fake news in its search results, using feedback mechanisms in autocompleted searches and Featured Snippets.
With its unique 1940's monster movie aesthetic and excellent voice casting, Wilson's Heart feels like the first "can't-miss" VR game. Too bad it's a Rift exclusive.
This smart doorbell is $50 off its usual price at Best Buy.
Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update follows on its desktop cousin with so few features, for so few phones, that one wonders what the point is.
Finsix's Dart-C is almost as small as a phone charger but can power an entire laptop.
Windows 10's built-in location services can be disabled with a few clicks, and you can erase your location history, too.
Dell's single function laser printer won't do photos well, but if your printing needs focus on text and simple graphics, this model is a great choice.
This next-gen memory technology greatly increases responsiveness of PCs but only for those who still want to use a hard drive
Microsoft is giving Gmail users some key Outlook.com features via the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app, meaning they'll work only on a Windows 10 device.
Has Microsoft really thought through its plan to retire Wunderlist? The many features missing from its preview make us wonder.
As a beginner gaming keyboard, the G410 is well-priced at $60.
Called "Cloudbooks" by industry watchers, a leaked Microsoft document sets minimum specs for cloud-based laptops powered by Windows 10 Cloud.
Adding the RX 580 BIOS to an RX 480 gives you the performance of the new graphics card, but that swap doesn't come without risks.
The GTX 1080 Ti SC2 uses EVGA's revolutionary iCX technology to make a powerful graphics card even better.
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
- See Sedric drive: Volkswagen shows off first autonomous concept car
- This is the closest thing Intel has built to a discrete GPU
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst- Process (Banking or Insurance or Gov backg)NSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD