This is a group test of three of the latest AC5300 (and AC5400) 802.11ac, MU-MIMO wireless routers. It’s part of a series of articles that has seen us investigate:-
You might not use it as a tablet often, but regardless, this gigantic 2-in-1 can handle just about any everyday task you throw at it.
This new tool is the company's latest attempt to curb online harassment targeting its high-profile users.
Samsung has taken the 850 EVO 2.5-inch SATA SSD and made it a better performer in the EVO 750. And yes, the 750 is the new drive, not the 850.
When you're ready to stream your gameplay to the world, one PC will not do. You need two.
We highlight the biggest differences between the Xbox One and the Xbox One S
The Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB is pricey, but this large-capacity hard drive also reads and writes data far faster than the average HDD. It can't match an SSD, but it makes a great companion for one.
Dropbox is asking users who signed up before mid-2012 to change their passwords if they haven’t done so since then.
As part of an ongoing WiFi investigation we’ve tested three of the latest routers from Netgear, Linksys and D-Link. The first two use the latest, speedy MU-MIMO technology which keeps fast devices running fast even if there are slow devices on the same network (with D-Link the MU-MIMO firmware is in beta). The trouble is, you need a MU-MIMO-compatible adapter in your mobile device to make MU-MIMO work and most laptops and tablets don’t have that.
Microsoft launched the Xbox One S earlier this month, revitalizing its current-generation console lineup with some new features. Here's how it stacks up against the previous version.
HP's new SureView feature is supposed to make it easier to keep your private information private while in public.
We’ve spent the week testing three of the latest MU-MIMO routers: Netgear’s Nighthawk X8, D-Link’s DIR-895L and Linksys EA9500. While our results resemble a group test (which will be forthcoming) this article focuses on the benefits of the latest MU-MIMO technology in an effort to see if it makes a big difference.
If you have Windows 10's Anniversary Update, there's a handy little tool for performing remote tech support that's baked right into your computer. It's the new Quick Assist feature.
As automakers move in the direction Tesla pioneered with autonomous driving, a question arises: Is this really a good thing? Senior Writer Lucas Mearian gets into gear with Executive News Editor Ken Mingis about what's going on.
Father’s Day is on Sunday 4th September. We’ve got together with some of Australia’s top tech and gadget companies to provide you with tech-related ideas.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia