Shops, salespeople and marketing people all have their tricks for making you buy a certain TV. LG, for example, has recently been displaying its OLED TVs side-by-side to competitors in order to show off its fantastic contrast and True Black performance. But that doesn’t tell you the whole story. If you’re watching regular, standard definition TV on an LG OLED TV, all the contrast in the world doesn’t hide the fact that the picture can look poor. This can prove quite a shock when you take it home and watch your favourite shows and discover that they appear as aberration-riddled messes.
Another of Steve Jackson's circa-1980 adventure gamebooks gets a hybrid RPG/text adventure adaptation, this time by Tin Man Games—and with an excellent tabletop gaming aesthetic.
The Chromebook Pixel 2's reign is over, and it's not clear what will replace it.
Sonos is giving its speaker experience a boost with app improvements, deeper Spotify integration, and Alexa's assistance.
LG's trio of huge new ultrawide displays are brimming with features like FreeSync, USB-C, and Google Cast support—though you can't get all the goodies in a single monitor.
A report by market research firm DRAMeXchange says that by 2018 half of all notebooks sold could be rocking SSDs instead of hard drives.
Intel's Kaby Lake chip brings a modest bump in performance and some amazing video optimizations, as the third chip on the company's aging 14-nm process.
Intel's 7th-gen Kaby Lake CPUs will bring massive power savings when playing 4K video and a double-digit performance increase.
Both the latest AMD Zen and Intel Kaby Lake microprocessors won't be officially supported by either Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 -- just Windows 10, Microsoft says.
Netflix and Amazon offer 4K UHD streaming, but you can't get it on a PC. A noxious stew of hardware, software, and DRM issues are to blame.
Over the past few months we’ve reviewed most of the best TVs on the market. Here we summarize which you should buy next and why. All of these are 4k Ultra High Definition TVs which support High Dynamic Range (unless otherwise stated). They will last you for years. All prices listed are for the 55-inch variants for the sake of comparison and also because it’s both a “sweet spot” price point and size.
Up to 50% of laptops sold in 2018 will have SSDs, which will vastly improve performance and durability of the computers.
After taking heat earlier this year over allegations of political bias, Facebook announced that it's replacing fallible humans with new algorithms to select items for its "Trending" topics feature.
A report from HackerRank finds that while the U.S. and India have lots of developers, Chinese and Russian programmers are the most talented
An Apple-1 computer sold last week for $815,000, falling short of an aggressive auction estimate for what's thought to be a pre-production model.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Chromebook is designed to welcome Android apps
- Adobe patches critical vulnerability in ColdFusion application server
- Opening up Z-Wave code may help to make IoT hum
- Acer is betting your pets need gadgets too
- Bang & Olufsen puts a new spin on the portable Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (PC LAN/UNIX) 160908/SITA/901Asia
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW