Sony has just announced its super-slim Cyber-shot DSC-T30, a 7.2-megapixel camera. The camera is equipped with the chops for shooting in low-light environments: the DSC-T30 has Sony's Super Steady Shot optical image stabilization and supports up to ISO 1000 (most point-and-shoots have a lower light sensitivity, maxing out at ISO 400). According to Sony, the optical image stabilization helps to minimize or eliminate blurry pictures in low-light shooting conditions. Other specs include Sony's Clear RAW noise reduction system (to help with the higher noise typically associated with high ISO settings like ISO 1000), a 3X Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar optical zoom lens, and a three-inch LCD screen. The sleek camera is expected to be available next month, and will cost US$500.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Synology DiskStation DS215j NAS device
- 2 Fitbit Charge wireless activity tracker
- 3 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 4 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 5 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft results buoyed by cloud products, but profit drops
- Bose SoundTouch Portable Series II Wi-Fi speaker
- Get ready for the 24-hour laptop: Battery life hits new highs
- Facebook testing spartan Android 'Lite' service
- States threaten lawsuit against Obama's municipal broadband plan
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.