First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Wanted: Facebook app developers
- — 10 August, 2007 08:16
Marks has the following "ninja tricks" for developers and marketers:
* Think inside the box -- The profile box that is. It is a window to the users "soul" and contains not too subtle hints on interest,networks, group affiliations, recently added and discarded applications
* Location, location -- The message box, wall, canvas page and profile action sections are the most used and viewed areas of a user's page. They're ideal spots to put ads or applications
* Feed the need for feeds -- Build applications that keep track of "relevant" interest or provide primary alerts to awaited events. "Facebook users want what's here and now," said Mark
* Promote your browser -- You can build apps that will promote or bring traffic to your browser
* Cross-promote -- Build apps that promote one another
Facebook's control on applications on its site appears to be still in the evolutionary stages. At the moment, there are some apps that share the same functions and perhaps even similar names.
Marks said the company take a fairly hands off approach to the development. Should disputes regarding copyright or licenses occur between developers, she suggest they tackle the issue "outside of Facebook."