First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
How to remove fake AV software
- — 08 December, 2008 13:21
3. Uninstall Antivirus 2009 using the Add/Remove Programs utility in the Control Panel, then restart your PC in Safe mode. Launch your antispyware application and allow it to scan system files and folders and remove any suspect applications. Now boot up your PC as normal.
4. If antispyware software doesn’t get rid of the fake program, you’ll need to remove it manually. Be sure to back up any important files first. Next, press Ctrl, Alt, Del to bring up the Task Manager. Click Image Name and select Antivirus 2009, then choose End Process to stop it running.
5. Go to Start, Run. Type regedit to start the Registry Editor, where you will delete the entries for WinAntiVirus. Browse to the Hkey_Local_Machine\Software folder from the My Computer folder and delete the series of Registry entries that are described on this PC Advisor forum thread.
6. The same thread lists a number of spyware files that will need to be manually deleted from your Windows folder, but note that you may need to stop the file processes in the Task Manager before you can delete them. As before, make sure you back up your system before you start.