Inhabitants of Second Life, the virtual world run by Linden Lab, will soon have new options to customize how they see the world. The first will be the ability to filter adult content, Linden Lab said on Wednesday.The base for the filtering is a new three-tiered rating system that will offer the ability to divide Second Life into Adult, Mature and PG regions. Search results will also be filtered according to the new ratings system. Adult-oriented content will be migrated from the Second Life mainland to a newly created continent. Details on how the migration will be managed and implemented is being finalized, and will be published by the end of June, Linden Lab said. Linden Lab defines the Adult rating as regions that host conduct or display content that is sexually explicit or intensely violent -- depicting, for example, death, torture, dismemberment or other severe bodily harm -- or involves illicit drug use, according to a tentative policy document on its Web site. The company's definition of Mature content can, for example, include dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts, according to the Linden Lab Web site. To back up the ratings Linden Lab will also implement a new account verification system. Users that want to access Adult regions and search results will have to authenticate their accounts by having payment information on file or by using Linden Lab's age verification system. Linden Lab will soon make available a release candidate of version 1.23 of the Second Life viewer, which will have controls to let users, for example, set maturity levels for regions, according to a statement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC