First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Epson launches photo all-in-one with wireless for homes
- — 30 April, 2009 03:48
Epson has launched the Stylus Photo TX700W, its wireless all-in-one, 6-color photo printer for photo-enthusiasts to print their photos from anywhere in the home. The press release said the Stylus Photo TX700W is a winner of the highly acclaimed International Forum (iF) Design Awards in 2009 (The International Forum Design is an independent institution which is a window on the latest technological developments and trends). The new MFD (multi Function Device) is positioned as the perfect home printer for amateur photographers and more experienced D-SLR photographers. The TX700W combines Epson's high-speed Micro Piezo print head with a 6-color Claria Photographic Ink-set.
In addition to Wi-Fi, LAN and the standard USB connectivity, users can print directly from a Pictbridge enabled camera or the integrated memory card reader. The printer comes with two in-built trays for users to have both plain and photo paper ready for use. With a compact design and integral scanner and copier functions the TX700W is a multi-function device that also has the capacity to print CDs and DVDs. Priced at US$276, the Epson Stylus Photo TX700W is available from April 2009.
The press release summarised the features as follows:
* Prints as quickly as 10 sec per 4R photo or 40ppm per A4 document
* Integrated Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity
* Photo exceed lab quality with Epson Claria Photographic inks that can print images at a high resolution of up to 5760 x 1440 dots per inch (dpi), which lasts for more than 200 years
* INKdividual ink cartridges -- saves money, only replace the colour used
* 2.5-inch colour LCD screen
* Print on a variety of media from plain paper, glossy photo paper and even CD's and DVD's