First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Alienware M11x R3 gaming laptop specs leaked, report claims
- — 22 March, 2011 07:24
Alleged specs for Dell's Alienware M11x ultraportable gaming laptop, expected in the US in early April, have been leaked. According to sources at the site Dell News and More, this will be the third revision of the 11.6-inch-screen laptop and it will share the current R2 laptop's design while offering the new Intel Sandy Bridge processors.
Other reported upgrades include a larger hard drive (now up to 750GB, from 500GB), faster memory (up to 8 GB of 1333 MHz RAM from 800MHz), and options for 3G LTE or WiMax 4G mobile broadband.
· CPU: Intel Core i5-2537M (1.4GHz to 2.3GHz), Core i7-2617M (1.5GHz to 2.6GHz) and Core i7-2657M (1.6GHz to 2.7GHz)
· Memory: 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB from 1333MHz DDR3
· Display: 11.6 inch, 1366×768 pixels, TrueLife glossy, White-LED backlight
· HDD Options: 250GB, 320GB, 500GB, 640GB, 750GB, SATA 2, 7200rpm or 256GB SSD
· Wireless: WWAN 3G LTE / WiMAX 4G
· Battery: 8-Cell 63 WHr
· Colors: Red / Black, Soft Touch
The big question, besides price, for this gaming laptop is what kind of graphics processor will be available: whether the GPU will be discrete, and if Dell will be sticking with the current version's switchable NVIDIA mobile discrete graphics chip or switch to AMD.