First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Plants vs Zombies tips and tricks
- — 02 June, 2011 09:54
Plants vs Zombies
So you’ve found your way into the addictive netherworld of Plants vs Zombies but a few of the undead are playing for keeps and you’re wondering how to stay alive until morning. Here are some tips and tricks on how to win at Plants vs Zombies, and hopefully we can help your keep your brains uneaten and safely inside your head.
1. You can never have too many sunflowers. Having enough sun underpins the majority of your firepower, and because the Zombies are weakest early in each round it’s good to get as many planted as fast and soon as you can. The game recommends you plant at least three but in most games I have 10 to 12. Sunflowers aren’t known for their deadly qualities, so keep them safely towards the back of the pack, behind offensive and defensive plants. You can even exclusively use Sunflowers in the night games rather than wasting a plant choice on the slower growing Sunshrooms. Even in the dark, once you have a few sunflowers growing you’ll have plenty of sun.
2. Plant order and selection becomes important in later games when the undead are relentless and creative in their attacks. In the middle levels Wall-Nuts are a great defence towards the frontlines. Having them there gives your Pea Shooters and other weapons a chance to inflict some serious damage while the zombies digest all that nuggety Wall-Nut flesh. Wall-Nuts are especially good to drop in at the last minute if you see a particularly mean-looking line of zombies heading towards a weak area.
3. Cherry Bombs are great as a way to off a whole group of zombies. They are best used slap bang in the middle of a group of the undead to inflict maximum carnage. Do save them for when there’s a serious problem that doesn’t look like it can be contained by your other plants, because they recharge pretty slowly.
4. You might wonder why on earth you’d use the Shovel to dig up your garden, but when zombies are moving through a line of defence faster than you expected it’s great to dig up a couple of sunflowers at the back of the line and plant a Wall-Nut in front of a plant that has the firepower to match your opponent.
5. Can’t work out how to defeat the Gargantuan in Plants vs Zombies? The Jalapeno (Chilli Pepper) is one of the best weapons in your arsenal because it takes out an entire line of Zombies. It can even defeat the Gargantuan that appears in the very latest levels. Save it until you need it though, because like the Cherry Bomb it takes a while to recharge.
6. When you visit the shop be sure and purchase the extra seed slot options. Having a good array of weaponry is absolutely critical.
7. In the night levels keep planting your Puff-shrooms as soon as they’re recharged. Just plant, plant, plant. It doesn’t detract from your sun energy so you can keep using as many as you want. Puff-shrooms are good as a forward defence line at the start of each level