When you have set Active Desktop to suit your preferences, you can prevent the accidental resizing or moving of items by locking them in place. Right-click a blank space on the Desktop and select Active Desktop. If the Lock Desktop Items listing has a check mark next to it, your desktop can't be edited. But what if you want to edit it later? Right-click a blank space on the Desktop, select Active Desktop, and click Lock Desktop Items to access and remove its check mark.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia