The first time you turn on the Active Desktop feature, only one item of Web content is displayed - the Internet Explorer Channel Bar. To add new items, right-click a blank part of the Desktop, and select Active Desktop-New Desktop Item. In a single dialogue box, you are given the choice to browse Microsoft's collection of Active Desk-top items online (View Gallery), or enter the Web address or location on your hard drive or network of a Web element you'd like to add. Microsoft's Desktop Gallery is worth a look - especially if you're in the market for a stock ticker, weather map, or AudioNet jukebox on your desktop.
Struggling for Christmas presents this year? Check out our Christmas Gift Guide for some top tech suggestions and more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 2 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 3 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
- 4 Asus Zenbook UX303LN Ultrabook
- 5 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Hackers target Tor as PlayStation disruption continues
- Connected, self-driving cars in the front seat at CES
- MIT unifies Web development in a single, speedy new language
- Google, Microsoft, Sony make 'The Interview' available online
- Experts: FCC will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.