The first time you turn on the Active Desktop feature, only one item of Web content is displayed - the Internet Explorer Channel Bar. To add new items, right-click a blank part of the Desktop, and select Active Desktop-New Desktop Item. In a single dialogue box, you are given the choice to browse Microsoft's collection of Active Desk-top items online (View Gallery), or enter the Web address or location on your hard drive or network of a Web element you'd like to add. Microsoft's Desktop Gallery is worth a look - especially if you're in the market for a stock ticker, weather map, or AudioNet jukebox on your desktop.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Cars will get superior digital vision with ARM's camera chip
- Microsoft finds another use for LinkedIn with CRM integration
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- AMD shows off Vega's ability to handle 8K graphics at NAB
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTLead Agile Software TesterNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW