I every time spent my half an hour to read this webpage's articles daily along with a cup of coffee.
How to perform a memory upgrade on the HP 2133/2140 Mini-Note PC
James Hopkin has worked in the Australian computer industry since 1987. He founded Upgradeable.com in 1999 as an independent online source for computer memory upgrades. From day one the Upgradeable way has been to help computer users easily upgrade their systems.
Before you begin the installation, it's worth considering backing up any critical files in the event of a problem occurring. DO NOT install the memory while the computer is in standby or hibernation mode. Ensure that the system is completely powered down.
This is simply done to remove any static electricity from your body so that accidental zaps don't damage your memory modules. While your computer is still plugged into the wall, touch a metal part of your computer. If you leave your computer you will need to ground yourself again. Alternatively, you can invest in an anti-static strap and clip yourself to a grounded piece of metal.
Once the computer is completely shutdown, remove all plugs and the power cable from the computer. As you are upgrading a notebook it is also important to remove the battery.
Always keep the memory modules in their anti-static bag until you are ready to begin the installation. Handle the modules only by the edges and don't touch the gold pins. No tools are required to remove or fit memory modules and using tools can cause damage to the modules.
Remove the battery
1. Turn the computer upside down on a flat surface, with the battery bay towards you.
2. Slide the battery release latches (1) to release the battery.
3. Remove the battery (2) from the computer.
Remove the keyboard
1. Remove the three Phillips PM2.0×3.0 screws that secure the keyboard to the computer.
2. Turn the computer display-side up, with the front towards you.
3. Open the computer as far as possible.
4. Lift the rear edge of the keyboard (1) until it rests at an angle, and then slide it back (2) until it rests on the display assembly.
5. Release the zero insertion force (ZIF) connector (1) to which the keyboard cable is attached, and disconnect the keyboard cable (2) from the system board.
6. Remove the keyboard.
Reverse this procedure to install the keyboard.
Installing the memory module
1. Locate the memory slot once the keyboard has been removed.
2. To replace an existing memory module, spread both clips on either side of the memory slot to release it. To remove the memory module from the slot, hold it by the edges and slide it out at a 45 degree angle.
3. To install the new memory module, hold the module at a 45 degree angle and align the notch on the memory module with the notch located on the memory slot.
4. Gently push the upgrade in and then down until the clips on both sides click to lock the upgrade in place.
5. Make sure the upgrade is firmly in the slot and that it's not moving. Otherwise, reinstall the upgrade by repeating steps 2 to 4.
You're done! Once you have closed your computer and reattached all the accessories that were connected, it's time to switch it on. No software or settings will need to be changed as the computer detects the memory upgrade automatically.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Research PC World to find the latest independent product news and reviews. Download our buying and shopping guides to make sure you're getting a good deal today and everyday.. Regards
Great article. Made it super easy to upgrade my memory on the hp mini.
As is also recognized, when you find yourself making the most of
some thing, you must be also able to face the effects of the company's deficiency also. Then simply click Up coming switch to remain. data recovery In case you have any Seagate hard disk drive you will need to understand how it works and just what is possible to be able to reinstate your documents regarding any kind of difficulty with that. So that you can work around this issue, you should structure the actual hard drive and put in a clean duplicate involving Windows based pc. It is not only huge glowing blue computer chip companies in the field of The idea, Software, Telecom, Bank etc which is choosing the assistance of data recovery nevertheless a lot more particular person Personal computer proprietors and also The idea specialists tend to be choosing this particular high end services.
As is also recognized, when you find yourself making the most of some thing, you must be also able
to face the effects of the company's deficiency also. Then simply click Up coming switch to remain. data recovery In case you have any Seagate hard disk drive you will need to understand how it works and just what is possible to be able to reinstate your documents regarding any kind of difficulty with that. So that you can work around this issue, you should structure the actual hard drive and put in a clean duplicate involving Windows based pc. It is not only huge glowing blue computer chip companies in the field of The idea, Software, Telecom, Bank etc which is choosing the assistance of data recovery nevertheless a lot more particular person Personal computer proprietors and also The idea specialists tend to be choosing this particular high end services.
It would have been wonderful to quote what type of memory you need to buy to carry out the upgrade.
Its is wonderful blog about games,it is the most beautiful blog of the game world
Latest News Articles
- AusBBS introduces SOHO NBN plans
- Football Manager 2014 (PC)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One)
- Intel aims at enterprise, carrier networks with faster silicon
- FCC approves Verizon purchase of Vodafone stake in Verizon Wireless
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- TabletsView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »