PowerPoint 2007 Bible
Experienced PowerPoint presenters will find the book full of coverage of Microsoft's new Office user interface for PowerPoint, including the innovative Ribbon. Anyone using PowerPoint will appreciate the advice on how to avoid really bad PowerPoint, get beyond bullet points, and engage the audience by creating PowerPoint presentations that don't suck.
Valuable CD-ROM included! The CD-ROM included with the book contains more than 500 ready-to-use PowerPoint templates, backgrounds and themes from some of the best-known professional PowerPoint designers
Some of the topics covered include:
- Getting familiar with PowerPoint, the new tabs and Ribbon, the Office menu, SmartArt, and PowerPoint views
- Delivering an effective presentation from identifying your audience and purpose through developing the content and rehearsing to preparing the room and equipment and finally getting on stage
- Working with slides, text, and text formatting including the right fonts for your presentation format
- Laying out slides and presentations with layouts, masters,backgrounds, and the new PowerPoint 2007 Themes
- Working with tables and including tabluar material and data from Word or Excel
- Drawing, working with photos and using charts, clip art, and PowerPoint 2007's new SmartArt
- Adding sound effects, music, video, and soundtracks
- Creating animations and transitions
- Supporting your audience and presentation with handouts, speaker notes, and outlines
- Working with PowerPoints live presentation tools including on-screen controls, backup slides, custom shows, preparing your presentation for use on another computer, and preparing your AV equipment or projectors
- Building other presentation types including a self-running kiosk and a web and CD/DVD presentations
- Sharing and collaborating on presentations on a LAN or using the new SharePoint Slide Library
- 4 special labs to help you put all of your PowerPoint skills to us in great content including presenting content with out Bullet lists
- The CD-ROM included with the book contains more than 500 ready-to-use PowerPoint templates, backgrounds and themes from some of the best-known professional PowerPoint designers
Table of Contents
Part I: Building Your Presentation.
Chapter 1: A First Look at PowerPoint.
Chapter 2: What Makes a Great Presentation?
Chapter 3: Creating and Saving Presentation Files.
Chapter 4: Creating Slides and Text Boxes.
Chapter 5: Working with Layouts, Themes, and Masters.
Chapter 6: Formatting Text.
Chapter 7: Formatting Paragraphs and Text Boxes.
Chapter 8: Correcting and Improving Text.
Chapter 9: Creating and Formatting Tables.
Part II: Using Graphics and Multimedia Content.
Chapter 10: Drawing and Formatting Objects.
Chapter 11: Creating SmartArt Diagrams.
Chapter 12: Using and Organizing Clip Art.
Chapter 13: Working with Photographic Images.
Chapter 14: Working with Charts.
Chapter 15: Incorporating Data from Other Programs.
Chapter 16: Adding Sound Effects, Music, and Soundtracks.
Chapter 17: Incorporating Motion Video.
Chapter 18: Creating Animation Effects and Transitions.
Part III: Interfacing with Your Audience.
Chapter 19: Creating Support Materials.
Chapter 20: Preparing for a Live Presentation.
Chapter 21: Designing User-Interactive or Self-Running Presentations.
Chapter 22: Preparing a Presentation for Mass Distribution.
Chapter 23: Sharing and Collaborating.
Part IV: Project Labs.
Lab 1: Presenting Content Without Bulleted Lists.
Lab 2: Project Lab: Adding Sound and Movement to a Presentation.
Lab 3: Creating a Menu-Based Navigation System.
Lab 4: Creating a Classroom Game.
Part V: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Feature Finder: 2003 to 2007.
Appendix B: Customizing PowerPoint.
Appendix C: What’s on the CD-ROM.
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »
Sign up to PC World Today for the latest news, reviews and galleries from PC World Australia.Sign up now »
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC