PC World Comment Policy
The purpose of the community and interactivity of this Web site is to promote open discussion that respects all points of view. Users posting comments to PC World are solely responsible for the content of their messages and agree to the following:
- IDG staff have final discretion in deciding what, and how, to moderate comments left on this website, based on our interpretation of the impact and content of the message left by the user
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- Not to link to or otherwise publish any comments that are abusive, threatening or make any form of personal attack on another user or an employee of IDG Australia
- No unlawful or objectionable content: Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable
- Not to link to or otherwise publish any comments that infringe copyright
- No spamming or off-topic material
- No advertising or promoting
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- Not to post comments in any language other than English
- Not to post or otherwise publish any comments that contain a virus or other harmful component
By submitting comments to any forum or as a comment on an article you agree to indemnify and hold harmless PC World and its parent company IDG Australia from all claims, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) arising out of any comments posted or published.
PC World cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any posts. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the site and should not rely on posts in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other decisions.
By posting you are granting PC World a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the comments in whole or in part and in any form. PC World reserves the right to contact you by e-mail with regard to your use of the site.
It is not possible for PC World to fully and effectively monitor posts that are submitted for infringement of third-party rights. If you believe that a message infringes your legal rights or is against the PC World comments policy, the please notify PC World immediately by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.