First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP)
A freely distributed program for tasks like photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
When you think Open Source software, you may think of half-baked programs too hard to use, or perhaps lacking power. Well, think again. This Open Source image editor packs a surprising amount of power, and is well-designed, if a bit eccentric in layout. Even though it’s free, it compares favourably to the power of Photoshop, and includes many of the kinds of photo-editing tools that come with that program, including filters, effects, masks, layers, and more.
Of course there are the basics tools you’d expect in a photo editor, such as red eye removal, but there is plenty more here. If you’re looking for professional-level photo editing, but don’t want to spend a bundle — or even a penny — this is the program for you.
Note: This link takes you to the vendor’s site, where you can download the version of the software appropriate to your system.
Note from developers: GIMP releases available from gimp.org and its mirrors contain the source code and have to be compiled in order to be installed on your system.
Latest News Articles
- Jawbone Mini Jambox Bluetooth speaker
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox One)
- Deaths at Apple supplier in China concern labor group
- Foxtel Play screens on LG Smart TVs
- Home appliance makers connect with open source 'Internet of things' project
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 4 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »