Convert scanned paper drawing into our CAD-Program with Rastervect
Publisher’s notes: RasterVect is a useful program for those who work with scanned drawings. With this program you can transform raster drawings into vector format. Raster drawing can be imported by scanning original paper drawings. The target vector formats (DXF, WMF, EMF, EPS and AI) are supported by most CAD applications that use vector graphics, such as AutoCAD, Corel Draw and many others.
RasterVect has four recognition methods: – Solids: Easy method (it works without any limits in trial version). Raster pixels transform to solid vector primitives without compound actions. This method can be used when required to open raster image in vector editor without complex editing. The vector image in this method has the largest file size in comparison with other methods. – Outlines: A vectorization method that generates lines and/or bezier curves along the borders of connected pixels. It is typically used for vectorizing scanned land-use and vegetation maps. – Filled outlines: the same as previous method but outlines are filled. Clip art, animation, colored picture and so on. – Centerlines: A vectorization method that generates lines and/or arcs along the center of connected pixels. This method also can recognize solids and text. It is typically used for electrical, architectural and mechanical drawings, survey maps.
RasterVect also has: TWAIN support for importing from any scanners; the ability to maintain the scale of the initial paper drawing; various raster filters and effects; various manual and automatic vector editing features; OCR functions. There are viewing tools like zooming, scrolling and color selection.
The list below summarizes the process of transformation of a paper drawing to a CAD drawing using the RasterVect: – Create a raster file by scanning the paper drawing into RasterVect using a scanner. – Use RasterVect’s filters and other raster features for improving of the image. – Use RasterVect to convert the raster file into a vector DXF file. – Use RasterVect’s vector filters and other commands for vector image improving. – Import the DXF file into your CAD program and edit the drawing as you need.
Designed to work on all Windows platforms, vectorizer RasterVect saves a lot of time. It’s a replacement for traditional tracing and digitizing. It does provide a way to getting a paper drawings into your CAD program for quick and easy editing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Verizon will use its mobile supercookie to target customers with AOL ads
- EU Safe Harbor ruling could have bearing on Microsoft email dispute
- IPsoft's 'Amelia' virtual assistant just got a whole lot more human
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW