Convert scanned paper drawing into our CAD-Program with Rastervect
Publisher’s notes: RasterVect is a useful program for those who work with scanned drawings. With this program you can transform raster drawings into vector format. Raster drawing can be imported by scanning original paper drawings. The target vector formats (DXF, WMF, EMF, EPS and AI) are supported by most CAD applications that use vector graphics, such as AutoCAD, Corel Draw and many others.
RasterVect has four recognition methods: – Solids: Easy method (it works without any limits in trial version). Raster pixels transform to solid vector primitives without compound actions. This method can be used when required to open raster image in vector editor without complex editing. The vector image in this method has the largest file size in comparison with other methods. – Outlines: A vectorization method that generates lines and/or bezier curves along the borders of connected pixels. It is typically used for vectorizing scanned land-use and vegetation maps. – Filled outlines: the same as previous method but outlines are filled. Clip art, animation, colored picture and so on. – Centerlines: A vectorization method that generates lines and/or arcs along the center of connected pixels. This method also can recognize solids and text. It is typically used for electrical, architectural and mechanical drawings, survey maps.
RasterVect also has: TWAIN support for importing from any scanners; the ability to maintain the scale of the initial paper drawing; various raster filters and effects; various manual and automatic vector editing features; OCR functions. There are viewing tools like zooming, scrolling and color selection.
The list below summarizes the process of transformation of a paper drawing to a CAD drawing using the RasterVect: – Create a raster file by scanning the paper drawing into RasterVect using a scanner. – Use RasterVect’s filters and other raster features for improving of the image. – Use RasterVect to convert the raster file into a vector DXF file. – Use RasterVect’s vector filters and other commands for vector image improving. – Import the DXF file into your CAD program and edit the drawing as you need.
Designed to work on all Windows platforms, vectorizer RasterVect saves a lot of time. It’s a replacement for traditional tracing and digitizing. It does provide a way to getting a paper drawings into your CAD program for quick and easy editing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC