LogMeIn Rescue is a powerful, easy-to-use remote support solution
Publisher’s notes: With LogMeIn Rescue, IT teams can keep customers and employees up and running without the need for pre-installed software. Use a single remote support tool to service PCs, Macs or smartphones on demand anywhere, 24/7, as if you were sitting in front of them.
How It Works
LogMeIn Rescue is a powerful, easy-to-use remote support solution comprising three main components: a Technician Console, a Customer Applet, and an Administration Center.
The online interface used by support technicians to conduct remote support sessions. Technicians can initiate new sessions or respond to online customer requests waiting in a shared Queue.
Multiple simultaneous active sessions can be conducted using:
•Direct connection to the Customer via code or emailed link
•Desktop View and Remote Control, including Whiteboard
•Detailed Session History & Notes
•Chat Interface with Predefined Replies, URL Push, and File Transfer
•Detailed System Diagnostics, including Reboot & Reconnect
•Shared Global Queue
With the customer’s permission, this small .exe file automatically downloads to the remote PC. It’s the interface through which technicians communicate with Customers and conduct remote support. The applet automatically removes itself from the remote PC at session conclusion.
The applet provides remote Customers with:
•Interactive Chat and detailed Session History
•Prompts to permit or deny technician access to all functions
•File Transfer to the technician
•Ability to stop Remote Control or disconnect at any time
This intuitive online interface is used by Administrators to create and assign permissions for other Administrators, technicians, and Groups. Administrators can also create Support Channels — web-based links that automatically connect Customers to technicians — and assign them to specific Groups.
The Administration Center allows Administrators to:
•Create Technician Groups and assign permissions at a granular level
•Assign Support Channels to specific Technician Groups
•Enable and view reports of technician performance
•Enable and view reports of Customer satisfaction levels
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- The best Apple iPad Air 2 plans: Vodafone v Telstra v Optus
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW