Sofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - Melbourne
- UI Design
- IPTV Domain
- Apigee Development / Windows WPF
The Media Software Development team that is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software used by media products and networks.
This role will be part of the Media Software Development team that is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software used by media products and networks.
This role will be responsible for design, development lead, maintenance and support of media applications. They will be responsible for managing and coordinating technical delivery aspects of software, communicating effectively and fostering strong relationships with stakeholders. Applications are developed using industry leading approaches including rapid prototyping, design thinking, lean development, test driven development, automated deployments and delivered in the most optimal way taking into consideration business roadmaps, industry best practice, vendor roadmaps, thought leadership and re-usability of software libraries and APIs to enable efficient development of software components for both Consumer Media solutions and Enterprise Media solutions.
Advocate for simple beautifully designed software that increases NPS with customers, makes complex operations simple and delivers increased media sales, rentals and helps drive growth in the mobile and broadband products.
It involves leading the architectural outcomes of delivery projects for Media within IPTV ensuring alignment with the Networks and CTO&I strategic goals. It also entails making technology assessment and strategic investment recommendations based on interlinking of a wide range of media related technologies.
To act as an end-to-end subject matter expert across media software.
To provide guidance to the Software Development and other teams to ensure that detailed designs are aligned with good architectural practices and media strategic intent.
To provide technical and design guidance to media analysts and technology managers in the successful delivery of projects, as well as contribute to overall Media strategy and roadmaps.
My client is looking for someone who can help in 1 (or more) of 3 areas:
1. Apigee developer to assist with API and microservice development (could be based in Melbourne or Sydney)
2. Brightscript (like VB) developer to work on developing TV apps (either Melbourne or Sydney)
3. Windows WPF developer to work an a Set Top Box app for video streaming (prefer Melbourne)
Depending on the type of person we can get, we can shuffle the rest of the team to work around this. #1 is for a backend developer while #2 & #3 are for front end UI apps.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Tertiary education. Bachelors of Engineering (Communications/Computer/Electronic) or Computer Science
- 5 years minimum industry experience in the Media domain
- 5 years experience in some form of Software Development, Systems Integration, or Engineering role.
- Strong logical thought process, capable of independently solving technical problems
- Experience integrating and debugging complex solutions incorporating numerous systems
- Experience in Digital Video ingestion, transcoding, encryption, curation, QA, delivery, presentation
- Strong communication skills with the ability to brief stakeholders on technical status and persuade/influence outcomes on key technical decisions
- Experience in presenting to Director levels in business, engineering and operational business units
- Experience in technology roadmap creation.
- Experience in a professional services/consultancy role.
- Development/integration experience in any of set top box, mobile (iOS/Android) or HTML/JS applications
- Experience designing REST Web Service API's and/or micro-services architectures.
- Experience with test automation, continuous integration or continuous delivery platforms.
- Previous experience with OSS/BSS platform integrations.
- Experience or interest in the creation of media services
- Specialist in field
- Solving complex problems
- Contribution to developing strategy
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders
If you are interested and have the right skills and experience, please apply for this role ASAP as we have to submit candidates by Wednesday this week.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Clement Lege on 03 86804214. Please quote our job reference number: 200165629.
Reference Number: 200165629_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- FTSecurity Lead / ConsultantNSW
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTCyber Security - Technical SpecialistACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- TPSystems ManagerQLD
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- TPJunior Business AnlystVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - Finance BackgroundQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTTeam LeaderNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTGraduate Software EngineerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Network Specialist - IPVPN EdgeVIC
- CCTest Manager OfficeACT
- FTSenior Full Stack Software Engineer, C#, Financial ServicesNSW