Junior Business Analyst
Work with the Department of Education and Training
Initial 2 Month Contract
$60/hr - Commence April 1, 2017
As a Business Analyst you will assist with coordinating actions resultant from several audits which have been conducted on the department's behalf. Working closely with the Manager of the Assurance and Risk Team, you will catalogue, track and monitor progress of the activities undertaken by the department. The ideal candidate will be result-oriented and possess excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. To succeed in the role, you must be able to effectively liase with managers, stakeholders and team members, in addition to possessing strong initiative, organisation and time management skills.
- Work with key business system areas to document and progress and processes relating to Action Items detailed in the various Audit Reports.
- Proactively manage key stakeholder relationships, and lead and conduct reviews, workshops and meetings as required to deliver practices, procedures and organisation change.
- Analyse and document business rules and terms used by each business systems that relate to the audit findings, relationships, and functional processes.
- Communicate and work with the Assurance and Risk team's technical resources to deliver high quality deliverables that are acceptable to the business stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for managing and obtaining business endorsement of delivered artefacts.
- Prepare documents to plan, report and review delivery of assigned work plans.
- Updating risks and issues as well as identifying potential benefits. Also, as developing options for achieving these benefits through improved practices and risk mitigation.
The Department is undertaking a transformation of its Outstanding Audit Recommendations process, with the Information and Technologies Branch. The work will have significant impacts on ITB and the Department's stakeholders in respect to reducing red-tape and streamlining governance and administration processes. Further, ITB are seeking to mature their approach to audit management and leverage proactive management practices to provide improved reporting methods and enhanced delivery of recommendations.
The department utilises the audit management software, TeamMate for managing and tracking the implementation of audit recommendations for reports from Internal Audit and external providers. The management actions from the audit reports are released to TeamMate at the conclusion of each audit and status updates are used for reporting on outstanding audit issues.
About the Employer:
The Department of Education and Training (DET) is committed to ensuring Queenslanders have the education and skills they need to contribute to the economic and social development of Queensland. The department delivers world-class education and training services for people at every stage of their personal and professional development. We are also committed to ensuring our education and training systems are aligned to the state's employment, skills and economic priorities. DET is a diverse organisation with the largest workforce in the state.
To submit your application in strict confidence, please APPLY online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/17493. For more information about the role, please contact Kylie Graham on 07 3258 8380.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTGraduate Software EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- FTICT ManagerNSW
- FTHelpdesk TechnicianVIC
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst Programmer - Financial - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCInfosphere ConsultantACT
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC