- Mature, experienced architect with good communiaction and customer facing skills
- Be the lead technical resource to provide leadership to a team
- Decomissioning of legacy solutions and infrastructure roll outs
Currently seeking a Solution Architect with experience in the Integration of COTS Solutions for a 6 month contract based in Brisbane CBD.
A large Consulting organisation is currently seeking a Solution Architect for a 6 month contract, with possible long term extension, based in Brisbane CBD.
As the Architect you will be responsible for the oversight, development, and implementation of holistic solution architectures for homogenous problem domains from both a business and technical perspective. You will be working on a project that involves the Workforce Management Project (WMS). This is a large project that will see the implementation of a COTS solution for crew rostering. A key part of the technical solution is the integration with other systems in their clients Enterprise. There are elements around decommissioning of legacy solutions, infrastructure roll out, disaster recovery planning and change management. The role will be the lead technical resource and is expected to provide leadership to a team of SME's. The role is heavily client facing and the successful candidate will be expected to work with client representatives on a daily basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leads architecture staff through coordination and liaison of teams.
- Performs solution definition of a problem domain.
- Designs overall system and solution architecture, system integration, and implementation strategy.
- Delivers an integrated solution that meets the needs of the customer within the constraints of the contract.
- Captures both functional and non-functional (i.e., life cycle cost, performance, and/or flexibility) business requirements on how the system should work over time.
- Leads in the analysis, design, and implementation planning of the technical/business solution from pre-sale through delivery. Assists in establishing preliminary project/program development schedule.
- Generates conceptual/logical architectures, system documents, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments
- Systems integration experience in the transportation industry is advantageous
- Candidate should have at least 10 years of experience in the IT industry with the last 4 years working in the role of a Solution Architect
- Demonstrated experience in developing solution architectures in large organisations with large complex heterogeneous IT environments
- Highly effective communication skills in particular an ability to explain complex architectural issues and concepts to IT Management (CxO) and/or senior business stakeholders. Demonstrated experience in doing this
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and emerging leading practices in this area
- Broad application architecture domain experience including Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) (Note: This position has an emphasis on application architecture over infrastructure architecture)
- Prior experience in the integration of Legacy systems to new COTS Solutions including BI/Data Warehousing, data migration, and data transformation
Reference Number: 200165064_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- TPApplication DeveloperACT
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security DomainVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - General InsuranceNSW
- FTAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW