Software Engineer - Build/Image Maintenance
- Permenant position
- NV1 Clearance Mandatory
- Canberra Location
Seeking somebody to Plan, conduct & coordinate software development activities.
Plan, conduct, and coordinate software development activities.
Design, develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
Apply knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
Correct program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensure software standards are met.
At least a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with substantial relevant professional experience and specialised training that is commensurate with the assignment.
Relevant certifications or Professional membership would be desirable.
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company's objectives. You will also have:
- Substantial professional experience working in a senior role within an engineering or project environment (preferably in a similar industry)
- Professional experience in project contract management with demonstrable record of success and achievement
- Substantial experience with the relevant technologies and domains is essential
- Substantial knowledge and application of a broad range of skills including software, systems and enterprise architecture, software and hardware engineering, interface protocols
- Strong individual contributor and team player in a professional environment
- Highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively lead, mentor and supervise
- Ability to apply extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Advanced level of planning and organisational skills
- Good initiative in developing and improving systems and procedures
- Ability to independently develop and determine approaches to solutions in a practical and creative manner
- Strong conceptual, analytical and interpretive skills with high level of attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Tori Bull on (02) 6151 9214. Please quote our job reference number: 200166604.
Reference Number: 200166604_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
- Cars will get superior digital vision with ARM's camera chip
- Microsoft finds another use for LinkedIn with CRM integration
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTSocial Media Officer- SEO, mobile, analytics and reporting toolNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCChange AnalystACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Foreign CurrencyVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA