Excellent Pay Rates
Our Client, NSW Government is seeking a Business Analyst to join the team on a 6 month initial contract term.
This Business Analyst role will involve business analysis planning, monitoring and gathering large amounts of information from various sources.
This role will involve working with multiple stakeholders to understand their needs, concerns and the environment they operate in.
The Business Analyst role will also involve working with the compliance manager and the analytics manager to devise and map out a strategy for identifying customers and companies who are liable for the Foreign Owners Surcharge.
The Business Analyst will assess the business and develop documentation including business requirements documentation, report specifications, stakeholder mapping and SOPs.
Key Challenges and Influences:
- Gathering information from various sources internally and externally, and analysing this information to develop a robust business model.
- Clearly defining the problem, scope, requirements, business model, documenting business processes and SOPs prior to the development of the solution. This is necessary to produce optimum results in the most innovative, cost efficient and workable manner.
- Supporting the Project Manager by contributing to delivery of the project and business analysis artefacts.
- The identification and management of all critical business functions that may be impacted by the development of the project.
- Build an ongoing analytical strategy for the identification of foreign owners or entities and the determination of the associated surcharge liability.
- Building and maintaining sound relationships with key stakeholders both within Operations, across the other OSR business units, as well as with external agencies by executing an effective consultation process to 'bring them on board' and manage their expectations.
Key Outcomes / Accountabilities:
- Facilitate workshops as necessary, document requirements according to business needs, verify and validate requirements to ensure they meet business needs. This includes obtaining sign-off from management and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development, co-ordination, communication and implementation of new legislative policy, business processes, while ensuring operational consistency and the implementation of the project product.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and multiple stakeholders/SMEs to highlight the impact(s) of proposed changes to current business processes/systems.
- Relationships and interdependencies should be clearly identified.
- Provide support required to achieve project deliverables.
- Assist the Project Manager in managing change arising from the implementation of initiatives.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a structured project planning framework; the preparation of accurate documentation of new business processes and a planning timetable, in accordance with approved standards.
- Government experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Stakeholder management including facilitating workshops
- Exposure to BABOK [Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) highly regarded]
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma
- Knowledge and experience of the Agile and waterfall business analysis approach
- Experience in creating test cases and conducting UAT desirable
- Tenacious, self-driven individual capable of doing whatever is required to drive projects to successful outcomes.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSecurity Analyst/Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW