- Lead the technical design for technology solutions
- State owned company with a value of over $6.2 billion
- Flexible working hours with childcare on-site
A NSW Government owned electricity distributor, this company are a 'poles and wires' business, responsible for the safe and reliable supply of electricity to 2.4 million people in households and businesses across Sydney's Greater West, the Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands, the Illawarra and the South Coast. Worth over $6.2 Billion and employing approximately 3000 people across NSW, they are currently expanding at a rapid rate, due to population growth in Greater Sydney and the surrounds.
As the IT Architect you will be working closely with (and within) project teams, vendors and stakeholders to lead all design activity. You will identify, develop, and implement cost-effective technology solutions to deliver the annual capital plan, contribute to operational targets and ICT's strategic direction. Develop the strategic direction, investment roadmap and technical currency program for assigned IT technology domains to transform the business in line with corporate goals and objectives.
- Lead and be accountable for the design of technology solutions/capabilities that are fit for purpose
- Collaborate with Project Managers to deliver cost and quality outcomes in multi-vendor environment
- Engage in technical leadership to manage vendor service integration
- Produce and complete all technical design documentation required.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working as an Infrastructure Architect
- Solid experience in planning, designing and delivering complex technical enterprise infrastructure technical currencies and solutions within - VMWare, Storage systems, Wintel, Active Directory, Exchange, Databases, Server hardware, backup systems, data centre, understanding and awareness of security requirements
- Experience working on cloud, Office 365 migration, windows and infrastructure upgrades is desirable
- Experience in understanding and adherence to enterprise risk management principles and technical standards
- Experience working on technical currency roadmaps is desirable
As a State owned business, this company has a very process driven environment, however as they rely on vendors, the pace certainly isn't slow and many projects are time critical. Along with this, they value work/life balances and encourage flexible working so employees can ensure their focus is on work whilst in the office.
- Flexible working hours
- Good opportunity for a technical architect to move into solutions.
- On-site Childcare
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Nick Munro
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry KeyOne to launch in US and Canada in late May
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD