- 8 April 2010 15:23
Acer GD245HQ Full HD 3D VisionTM – ready 1080P monitor
Sydney, Australia April 6, 2010 – Acer’s Full HD 3D VisionTM - ready 1080P monitor has arrived! The Acer GD245HQ features 1920x1080 full HD resolution, HDMI connectivity, 120Hz refresh rate and a 2ms response time, making the GD245HQ the perfect monitor for 3D gaming, videos, photos and home entertainment enthusiasts. The Acer GD245HQ is here and ready to go!
The 3D experience is enabled by nVidia® 3D Vision™ technology, bundled together with 3D shutter glasses, plus advanced stereoscopic software that transforms 3D games, movies and photos into full immersive 3D image quality.
The GD245HQ advanced stereoscopic technology defines width, height and depth in all 3 spatial dimensions. The adding of depth to the image displayed on the monitor is attributed to a combination of three simple elements: a high performance display unit, a PC with a compatible graphics card and special 3D shutter eye glasses. The third dimension revolutionises the concept of ‘user interface’, introducing the ‘depth’ factor to all visual surfaces, opening up the way for what Acer sees as a very important new trend.
The Acer GD245HQ features Acers Adaptive Contrast Management (80,000:1 ACM). The Acer ACM analyses every scene and adjusts images frame by frame, optimizing contrast by enhancing detail gradation. Coupled together with Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, the GD245HQ can deliver the best picture quality for Blu-ray disc, console gaming and widescreen cinematic playback, all up providing a superior viewing experience.
The Acer 3D monitor is crafted for graphics intensive gamers who want high-impact gaming on a large 23.6” widescreen. The brilliant 1080p display with 120 Hz support, 2ms response time and HDMI connectivity maxmises the 3D gaming experience that will also be appreciated by home theatre enthusiasts.
Gaba Cheng, Product Manager for Digital Display, Acer Oceanic Regions says “while it’s developed primarily to give gamers a fast-moving, high-performance and high impact experience, the GD245HQ presents a futuristic style with clean and acute lines to provide all users stunning picture quality in 3D.”
The Acer GD245HQ Full HD 3D VisionTM – ready 1080P monitor is $699 RRP Inc GST and is available Australia wide from April 6, 2010.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- LG to unveil curved ultrawide monitor at IFA
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia