First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- 29 April 2010 10:06
Dell Makes Entertainment Easier and Better Looking with New Inspiron R Laptops
SYDNEY, Australia, April 28, 2010 – Pre-loaded with easy-to-use software such as Dell Dock and DataSafeOnline, the Inspiron R is a great choice for anyone who wants to easily access personal files and securely share photos and videos wirelessly. It is also the ideal mobile personal entertainment hub, offering smooth video playback, surround sound and a built-in Webcam.
Wrapped in curvy edges, smooth lines and four unique brushed metal finishes with chrome accents, the Inspiron R laptops are as beautifully designed as they are useful. Available from today in Australia and New Zealand in 15- and 17-inch versions, the Inspiron R boasts a contemporary and sleek appearance that will make anyone feel good about bringing it out in the classroom or the local coffee shop.
For those who choose the optional Intel Wireless Display feature, the Inspiron R makes it easy to view movies, photos and surf the Web on a HDTV without the need for cables.
“The Inspiron R takes the rock solid Inspiron line and amps up the cool factor with a sexy and practical machine for gaming, entertainment, and social networking along with all the usual home, school and work functions. Aside from the great new look, the Inspiron R makes it easy to access media and puts your most commonly used apps right up top with the Dell Dock feature,” said Walt Mayo, vice president Dell Consumer Asia,. “Photos, videos and personal files can also be securely stored and shared with DataSafeOnline for peace of mind right out of the box. This is a laptop that moms will love and youths will desire.”
Designed to stand up to the rigors of active children, students, commuters and travelers, Inspiron R models also add smudge-resistant palm rests, a full-size, ergonomically-designed keyboard and a stiffer frame for a solid, quality feel while available Intel Core i3 and Core i5 processors and optional ATI graphics ensure great performance today and tomorrow.
Prices begin at AU$949 at http://www.dell.com.au.
Common Technical Highlights for the Inspiron 15R and 17R:
· Intel Core i3 and i5 mobile processor options for outstanding everyday performance with Microsoft Windows 7
· Choice of models offering bright 15- and 17-inch displays, with high definition (HD) resolution offered on all systems
· Choice of optional colors on select models : Obsidian Black, Peacock Blue, Tomato Red and Lotus Pink
· Built-in wireless connectivity
· SRS Premium Sound provides an excellent stereo surround soundstage
· Built-in media card readers speed up transferring photo and video files.
· Up to 1GB ATI graphics provide realistic video effects
· Up to 640GB hard disk drives on select models for storing large photos, music and video collections
· Up to 8GB DDR3 memory performs tasks faster than prior-gen DDR2 memory
· Built-in Webcam enables Web chats on the go.
· Touchpad with integrated scrolling and gestures makes using the laptop so much more intuitive and simple
· Dedicated 10-key number pad on the 15-inch system that gives gamers additional keys for more shortcuts
· Dell Dock organizes your media and puts your most commonly-used apps right up top
· DataSafeOnline data backup & recovery keeps your data & memories secure outside of your system
· DataSafeLocal, a secure, simple and reliable way to create backup copies of the factory image
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to its customers and uses that insight to make technology simpler and create innovative solutions that simplify daily activities and help people stay, entertained, connected and in touch. Learn more at http://www.dell.com">www.dell.com.
Latest News Articles
- Uber, Airbnb go after businesses
- Guns, vandals and thieves: Data shows US networks under attack
- Flexibility, asking questions key for recent college graduates looking to advance in IT
- As IoT changes how carriers make money, Ericsson is buying new smarts
- Google, Linaro develop custom Android edition for Project Ara
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 50% off $9.98
- 23% off $2599.95
- $98 free shipping
- $169 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »