- 26 August 2010 12:54
HP Launches Replace, Recycle, Reward
SYDNEY, Australia, 26 August, 2010 – Hewlett-Packard (HP) Australia today announced a campaign that delivers cash rebates to small to medium businesses (SMBs) when they replace and then recycle their old PCs, before 31 October 2010.
The ‘Replace, Recycle, Reward’ campaign (www.hp.com.au/replace) is designed to encourage SMBs to refresh their PCs to new, superior HP hardware; the new Intel® Core™ i processors; and to the Microsoft Windows 7™ operating system, and to then allow HP to dispose of their old hardware in an environmentally responsible manner.
“HP is committed to increasing the volume of our products that are reused, recycled and diverted from landfill,” said Chee-Mei Gan, Director of Product Marketing, HP South Pacific (Australia and New Zealand). “At the same time, we believe 2010 is truly the year of the refresh. As such, we want to encourage SMBs to look at the new notebook, desktop and workstation PCs we have launched in the Australian market, and to experience the very real difference this new computing hardware is going to make to the way they do business.”
SMBs that purchase a selected HP notebook, desktop or workstation PC from an authorised HP reseller before 31 October 2010 will have their old PCs (HP and non-HP branded) (1) picked up by HP for recycling, and they will then be rewarded with a cash rebate. The cash rebate is $75 per unit for selected HP notebook and desktop PCs, and up to $150 per unit for selected HP workstation PCs. (2)
Eligible PCs include selected Z200 Workstation PCs; selected HP Pro 3130 and HP 8100 Elite Desktop PCs; and selected HP ProBook 6550b and 5310m Notebook PCs, as well as selected HP EliteBook 2540p, 2740p, 8440p, 8540p, 8440w, 8540w and 8740w Notebook PCs.(3) More details on the Replace, Recycle, Reward campaign can be found at www.hp.com.au/replace.
HP operates recycling services in 56 countries and territories worldwide. For more information about HP’s reuse and recycling policy, visit: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/enviro/reuse/index.html.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at www.hp.com.au.
(1) Monitors are not included in this campaign. If a customer would like to trade in their monitor, they should visit http://www.hp.com/recycle">www.hp.com/recycle or phone our recycling team on 1800 820 447. Only one product can be traded-in against one new HP product purchased, and the traded-in product must be in the same product category as the new HP product purchased.
(2) Limit of 20 claims per ABN.
(3) A full list of eligible HP notebook, desktop and workstation PCs are contained in the full terms and conditions, which can be downloaded at http://www.hp.com.au/replace">www.hp.com.au/replace.
(4) Full terms and conditions can be downloaded at http://www.hp.com.au/replace">www.hp.com.au/replace.
(5) All claims must be submitted by 5pm on 10 November 2010. Once claims have been received and verified, customers should allow up to 75 days for receipt of the cash rebate.
(6) It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure all data is wiped from their old PCs prior to collection by HP. During the dismantling and recycling process, drives and disks are treated physically, which normally erases all data. In addition, HP recycling partners have no right to use, reproduce, distribute, decompile, modify or copy any HP or third party Firmware or Software that may be contained in the product. The recycling partners have the obligation to insure that any such Software or Firmware is erased (by means of ultra-violet light exposure) prior to the sale of any products or parts thereof. HP will not be liable for the loss of any data or software stored or loaded on any traded-in product.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: M3D's Micro 3D Printer fits in a backpack, quiet as a mouse
- Adidas to 3D print custom insoles in sneakers
- Epson gives cartridges the boot with new printer range (+11 photos)
- MIT builds a 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once
- HP’s $69 Deskjet printer makes more efficient use of ink tanks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW