- 17 May 2011 13:13
VIA Brings the True 32-bit/384KHz Studio Sound to the Home with the VIA Vinyl Envy VT1730 and VIA Vinyl Envy VT1731 Audio Controllers
Taipei, Taiwan, 16 May 2011- VIA Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of PC and prosumer audio silicon, today announced VIA Audio’s first 32-bit/384KHz audio controllers, the VIA EnvyUSB VT1730 and VIA EnvyUSB VT1731.
The new VIA Vinyl EnvyUSB 2.0 audio controllers are specifically designed to achieve cinema-quality audio recording and playback in high-fidelity USB and MIDI system applications. The higher bit-rate and the higher oscillating frequency of those bytes means that more points along the sound wave are recorded and saved, creating the most authentic experience when it is converted into analog sound during playback.
The VIA EnvyUSB VT1730 is an 8-channel, 32-bit/384KHZ audio controller using the bandwidth capacity of USB 2.0 to simultaneously support audio streams from a guitar, bass, keyboard and microphone, or delivering true-to-life sound to multiple speakers in a home theatre set-up, are ideal for the most hardcore audiophile. The VIA EnvyUSB VT1731 is a 2-channel, 32-bit/384KHz audio controller offering the highest audio quality for those who do not demand a full surround setup.
“This advancement in audio controller technology brings home enthusiasts closer to studio sound than anytime before,” said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “Audio enrichment, through our successful VIA Vinyl Audio line of controllers and codecs, has long been a core element of VIA's multimedia product focus, and the VIA EnvyUSB VT1730 and VIA EnvyUSB VT1731 further extend our reach beyond the PC into high-end audio systems.
Providing a smooth interface between USB, analog and digital audio devices, the VIA EnvyUSB VT1730 and VIA EnvyUSB VT1731 are ideal for USB sound cards, headphones, audio hubs, recording consoles, and MIDI devices that require the streaming of considerable audio data between a host system and audio I/O system via the USB interface.
The VIA EnvyUSB VT1730 and VIA EnvyUSB VT1731 also support the I2S standard enabling Blu-ray Disc™ audio content protection; solutions without this feature dramatically reduce audio quality to that of a regular CD, with a sampling rate of only 16-bit/48kHz.
For further information on the VIA Vinyl EnvyUSB VT1730, or the VIA Vinyl EnvyUSB VT1731 please click on the links.
VT1730 and VT1731 For information on all of VIA’ Vinyl Audio controllers, please click here.
Visit the VIA Gallery for images of the VIA Vinyl EnvyUSB 2.0 Audio Controllers on the links: VT1730 and VT1731
About VIA Vinyl Audio VIA has developed a broad spectrum of silicon that represents the highest level of audio quality and best feature sets on the market. The highly respected, studio performance VIA Vinyl Envy line of audio controllers introduced 24-bit standards and 96/192kHz sampling rates to the consumer, prosumer and professional markets, while VIA Vinyl AC’97 and HD Audio codecs enable theatre quality sound in both audio-on-motherboard and soundcard applications. Find out more about VIA Vinyl Audio solutions at: www.via.com.tw/en/products/audio/
About VIA Technologies, Inc. VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA’s global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world’s top OEMs and system integrators. www.via.com.tw
VIA PR Contact
International: Richard Brown Phone: (886)-2-2218-5452 #6201 Fax: (886)-2-8218-6752 Email: RIBrown@via.com.tw
Note to reporters, editors and writers: VIA is written in ALL CAPS.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW