- 17 May 2011 13:13
VIA Brings the True 32-bit/384KHz Studio Sound to the Home with the VIA Vinyl Envy VT1730 and VIA Vinyl Envy VT1731 Audio Controllers
Taipei, Taiwan, 16 May 2011- VIA Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of PC and prosumer audio silicon, today announced VIA Audio’s first 32-bit/384KHz audio controllers, the VIA EnvyUSB VT1730 and VIA EnvyUSB VT1731.
The new VIA Vinyl EnvyUSB 2.0 audio controllers are specifically designed to achieve cinema-quality audio recording and playback in high-fidelity USB and MIDI system applications. The higher bit-rate and the higher oscillating frequency of those bytes means that more points along the sound wave are recorded and saved, creating the most authentic experience when it is converted into analog sound during playback.
The VIA EnvyUSB VT1730 is an 8-channel, 32-bit/384KHZ audio controller using the bandwidth capacity of USB 2.0 to simultaneously support audio streams from a guitar, bass, keyboard and microphone, or delivering true-to-life sound to multiple speakers in a home theatre set-up, are ideal for the most hardcore audiophile. The VIA EnvyUSB VT1731 is a 2-channel, 32-bit/384KHz audio controller offering the highest audio quality for those who do not demand a full surround setup.
“This advancement in audio controller technology brings home enthusiasts closer to studio sound than anytime before,” said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “Audio enrichment, through our successful VIA Vinyl Audio line of controllers and codecs, has long been a core element of VIA's multimedia product focus, and the VIA EnvyUSB VT1730 and VIA EnvyUSB VT1731 further extend our reach beyond the PC into high-end audio systems.
Providing a smooth interface between USB, analog and digital audio devices, the VIA EnvyUSB VT1730 and VIA EnvyUSB VT1731 are ideal for USB sound cards, headphones, audio hubs, recording consoles, and MIDI devices that require the streaming of considerable audio data between a host system and audio I/O system via the USB interface.
The VIA EnvyUSB VT1730 and VIA EnvyUSB VT1731 also support the I2S standard enabling Blu-ray Disc™ audio content protection; solutions without this feature dramatically reduce audio quality to that of a regular CD, with a sampling rate of only 16-bit/48kHz.
For further information on the VIA Vinyl EnvyUSB VT1730, or the VIA Vinyl EnvyUSB VT1731 please click on the links.
VT1730 and VT1731 For information on all of VIA’ Vinyl Audio controllers, please click here.
Visit the VIA Gallery for images of the VIA Vinyl EnvyUSB 2.0 Audio Controllers on the links: VT1730 and VT1731
About VIA Vinyl Audio VIA has developed a broad spectrum of silicon that represents the highest level of audio quality and best feature sets on the market. The highly respected, studio performance VIA Vinyl Envy line of audio controllers introduced 24-bit standards and 96/192kHz sampling rates to the consumer, prosumer and professional markets, while VIA Vinyl AC’97 and HD Audio codecs enable theatre quality sound in both audio-on-motherboard and soundcard applications. Find out more about VIA Vinyl Audio solutions at: www.via.com.tw/en/products/audio/
About VIA Technologies, Inc. VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA’s global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world’s top OEMs and system integrators. www.via.com.tw
VIA PR Contact
International: Richard Brown Phone: (886)-2-2218-5452 #6201 Fax: (886)-2-8218-6752 Email: RIBrown@via.com.tw
Note to reporters, editors and writers: VIA is written in ALL CAPS.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn will help people in India train for semi-skilled jobs
- Microsoft seeks Indian customers with exclusive Skype Lite app
- Optus leverages Huawei partnership to launch first Aussie first 4.5G network
- UPS launches an autonomous drone from a delivery truck
- Redfin CTO says machine learning needs human help
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)WA
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP Developer - Focus on Front EndQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerWA
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD