Privacy Statement for IDG Communications Pty Ltd
This website is owned and operated by IDG Communications Pty Ltd. (“IDG Australia”) ABN 14 001 592 650.
IDG Australia is the owner and operator of: ARN, CIO Australia, Computerworld Australia, Australian PC World, CSO Australia, GoodGearGuide, Techworld, CFO World, CMO, CIO New Zealand, Computerworld New Zealand, PC World New Zealand, New Zealand Reseller News, and the associated websites and the subdomains of these websites. IDG Australia is a subsidiary of International Data Group, Inc.
The International Data Group, Inc. (IDG) family of on-line and print publications consists of hundreds of award-winning titles from around the world including, Computerworld, CIO, CSO, Game Pro, Network World, Macworld and PC World. The IDG Publishing Network is a growing collection of IDG web sites that presently includes computerworld.com, cio.com, csoonline.com, infoworld.com, idgconnect.com, idgconnect.co.uk networkworld.com, macworld.com, pcworld.com and gamepro.com. A complete listing is available at www.idg.com. The IDG Publishing Network is operated by our ultimate holding company International Data Group, Inc. together with its subsidiaries (“our Group”).
IDG Australia has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to the confidentiality of user data that identifies a natural person or from which such a person’s identity may reasonably be ascertained (“personal data”) in accordance with the National Privacy Principles set forth in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for IDG Australia on-line products.
We are committed to notify you of the following:
- What personal data IDG Australia collects from you and how the information is used;
- With whom this site shares the information it collects;
- How you can correct or make changes to this information;
- What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use, and distribution of information;
- What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under IDG Australia's control.
By using this Website and/ or submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing activities described in this Policy. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact:
Or by post to
The Privacy Officer
IDG Communications Pty Ltd
PO Box 1753
North Sydney NSW 2060
What information does IDG Australia collect?
There are two main ways we collect information from you:
- Non-use of an IDG Australia log-in password: Whenever you visit an IDG Australia site, our servers automatically record information about your usage of the network such as the time of the visit, its duration and the page which you visit. This is intended to help us understand what parts of the site users enjoy. The information we collect remains anonymous. If you do not register through the IDG Australia member information site, you remain anonymous and we will not link your usage to you personally.
- Using an IDG Australia site after registering: If you register to receive IDG Australia e-mail newsletters or other offerings, personal data about your interests are collected and stored. This helps us to build a profile of what information would be of interest and relevant to you. By using this information we can tailor our content to user interests and help our advertisers better understand the audience they are reaching.
How is our registration data used?
IDG Australia and its suppliers may collect, process and use your personal data (including your name, postal address, email address, telephone, mobile and fax numbers). We will do so to contact you regarding the services you have requested and/or to offer services to you, and/or to provide the services you have requested. This includes re-registration/renewal notifications, payment processing, surveys on improving our service to you and/or invitations to exhibitions, seminars and shows. IDG Australia may employ trusted third party specialists to process your data on our behalf in order to deliver the products and services to you in a more efficient manner.
This personal data is stored on IDG Australia computers or cloud infrastructure (with multifaceted security mechanisms), managed in Australia, and, because IDG Australia is part of the IDG Publishing Network, may be transferred to, stored and processed, inside Australia and/or outside of Australia by other members of our Group. In addition, if you consent to receive offerings from third party organisations, this personal data remains with IDG Australia who will send the third party offerings to you. Except as set forth below with regard to the provision of free resources, at no time will your personal data be transferred to such third party organisations. Finally, as stated above, your personal data may be transferred to and stored by third party specialists engaged by IDG to assist in the provision of the content and services you request. Such vendors may be located inside or outside of Australia. In all cases, we will only transfer your personal data outside Australia when IDG Australia can ensure that the recipient of the information is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles.
From time to time IDG Australia and/or the IDG Publishing Network may invite you to register in order to receive such offerings as magazines, email newsletters, enter competitions, and receive goods or services from IDG Australia and/or the IDG Publishing Network websites. This may require you to confirm personal data such as your name, email address, and mailing address postcodes. This information is required by IDG Australia for security purposes, and enables IDG Australia to supply a reasonable level of services to users and our advertisers. We may also ask for information such as job function, job title, industry sector, company/ name and country. During registration, you will also be asked to choose a user name and password for future access to the relevant Website(s).
In order to provide you with free resources such as technology white papers and expert analysis, we may share your personal data and/or business information with third party organisations we partner with and whose content and/or other offerings you choose to view via an email offer we may send to you via Connect.com and/or connect.co.uk, and/or download from IDG Australia Website(s) or other IDG Publishing Network sites. We will request such partners to include an opt out notice in all such offerings and to give effect to any opt out decision.
Because IDG Australia is part of the IDG Publishing Network, you may receive offers that IDG Australia believes will be of interest to you from any of the IDG Publishing Network sites. However, IDG Australia offers you the chance to opt out of receiving additional information from the IDG Publishing Network and our Group. You have the absolute right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Whilst we give details in this Policy in relation to opting out, we want to make clear that you can at any time exercise this right by contacting us by post or email at the address set out at the foot of this Policy.
How do I access my personal information?
You may update the information stored in your profile at any time while online by visiting http://www.idg.com.au/user. You will be prompted for your username and password in order to access your profile. If you have questions, you may also contact IDG Australia customer service by sending an email to email@example.com
It is our policy to always keep our information as up-to-date as possible, in order to ensure that we provide the best possible information services.
How do I control my personal information?
You may review and update all of your information at any time while online by logging in to your personal profile. You control what information IDG Australia has access to and the types of information that IDG Australia can send to you. For example, you have the opportunity to receive special offers/updates on behalf of selected third party companies OR from IDG OR you can choose to opt out of these mailings at any time. See section below on Opt Out.
Who else may receive my personal information?
IDG may share your registration data for our events and for some premium information services with our program partners. In those instances it is our policy not to give away our information or services to anonymous readers or attendees. Where this is a requirement you are alerted as part of the registration process in order that you can decide to opt-in, or to decline the information service or event registration.
Except as otherwise set forth in this policy, IDG does not share any of your personal data with any third party person or entity. Except for the provision of free resources as described above, all third party messages that are sent to you will be sent by IDG. You can unsubscribe from this service at anytime.
Ad Serving Technology
For more details about the information DoubleClick collects and the opportunity to opt out of such data collection, please visit: http://www.google.com.au/policies/technologies/ads/.
Cookies are pieces of information that are sent from a website and stored in a user's browser.
- To remember any preferences a user may have set while browsing one of IDG Australia's websites.
- To track usage patterns that help us improve our content and display relevant advertising to our users.
The following sites provide instructions on how to manage cookies in commonly used browsers.
- Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox - http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
Our Web server automatically records a visitor's domain and IP address. We use the IP address to identify server problems and administer our Web site, and to analyse click-stream data to better understand user behaviour.
IDG Australia has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information we or our cloud services providers, control. Our security systems include authenticated access to internal databases, audits of procedures, and regular reviews of overall Web security. Access to personal user data is also limited to the database administrator(s).
IDG Australia provides the following statement at registration:
"IDG occasionally likes to inform our subscribers about special offers, new products, as well as information from relevant, qualified businesses and organisations. Tick the boxes below if you would like to receive these notices."
By default, this box is checked. Users who opt NOT to receive such third party communication from IDG Australia should uncheck this box. Users can also remove their personal information from IDG Australia's database in three ways:
- Updating your personal profile and service selections by visiting http://www.idg.com.au/user
- Sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or phoning +61 2 9902 2700
Disclosure of Information
If the business of operating this Website is sold, the relevant customer lists and other personal data of our subscribers and users will be transferred to the new owner. This will be done in accordance with current legislation.
We may disclose your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data as a result of a court order or any other legal obligation, any subpoena or legal process or as otherwise required by law, or if we believe it necessary to prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or violations of our policies.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit http://www.privacy.gov.au.
LAST UPDATED: March 3, 2014
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber finally agrees to reveal diversity data
- Twitter considers enhanced version of TweetDeck for professionals
- Augmented reality gets a second life in manufacturing
- FBI director floats international framework on access to encrypted data
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTHelpdesk TechnicianVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject AnalystACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FTICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Change - Financial ServicesNSW
- TPWintel EngineerVIC