AKG Acoustics K 206 AFC
- Fantastic audio, simple charging
- Terminals potentially could be exposed to dust
A great set of headphones for the home or office.
Price$ 199.95 (AUD)
AKG's K 206 AFC wireless headphones offer great audio quality in a simple, stylish design. The kit comprises of a set of headphones and base station that doubles as a charger. The silver headphones themselves feature a power button, auto-tune button, and a volume control. They are made of plastic and are relatively light (280g) so your neck won't get tired supporting them for large periods of time. The sturdy silver and black base station acts as both a receiver and a charger. Terminals are exposed on the base station, which makes topping up the charge as easy as dropping the headset into the slot. There's no messing around with cables, but on the downside the terminals could be potentially exposed to dust. The bundled nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries offer 12 to 15 hours of audio playback, which is fine for several days' use--or even a single, very long day. The K 206 AFC has the ability to auto-tune (one-touch tuning), and features a three-position frequency selector to avoid interference. If you want to share audio playback between several people, you could use the K 206 AFC base station to output to a number of headsets simultaneously over a range of 30m. The base station features RCA inputs, and a couple of LEDs to indicate charge and power status. The headphones ship with a basic manual, the base station, rechargeable batteries, RCA cable and headphone adapter, so you don't need to go and grab extra cables to get it working with most common hi-fi setups. The K 206 AFC headphones offered outstanding audio quality, with solid bass response provided by the large padded ear muffs. They were comfortable to wear for a long period of time, and didn't feel as if they were compressing our ears against our head. The documentation boasts a frequency response range between 18 to 20,000Hz and a 105dB sound pressure level, which is ample for most audiophiles. This excellent set of wireless headphones comes with a one-year warranty.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- FTHead of ArchitectureNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- FTSenior Change Readiness ManagerNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Drupal Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!WA
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW