AKG Acoustics K 206 AFC
- Fantastic audio, simple charging
- Terminals potentially could be exposed to dust
A great set of headphones for the home or office.
Price$ 199.95 (AUD)
AKG's K 206 AFC wireless headphones offer great audio quality in a simple, stylish design. The kit comprises of a set of headphones and base station that doubles as a charger. The silver headphones themselves feature a power button, auto-tune button, and a volume control. They are made of plastic and are relatively light (280g) so your neck won't get tired supporting them for large periods of time. The sturdy silver and black base station acts as both a receiver and a charger. Terminals are exposed on the base station, which makes topping up the charge as easy as dropping the headset into the slot. There's no messing around with cables, but on the downside the terminals could be potentially exposed to dust. The bundled nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries offer 12 to 15 hours of audio playback, which is fine for several days' use--or even a single, very long day. The K 206 AFC has the ability to auto-tune (one-touch tuning), and features a three-position frequency selector to avoid interference. If you want to share audio playback between several people, you could use the K 206 AFC base station to output to a number of headsets simultaneously over a range of 30m. The base station features RCA inputs, and a couple of LEDs to indicate charge and power status. The headphones ship with a basic manual, the base station, rechargeable batteries, RCA cable and headphone adapter, so you don't need to go and grab extra cables to get it working with most common hi-fi setups. The K 206 AFC headphones offered outstanding audio quality, with solid bass response provided by the large padded ear muffs. They were comfortable to wear for a long period of time, and didn't feel as if they were compressing our ears against our head. The documentation boasts a frequency response range between 18 to 20,000Hz and a 105dB sound pressure level, which is ample for most audiophiles. This excellent set of wireless headphones comes with a one-year warranty.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
- Kogan opens online shop in New Zealand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA