Anyware Corporation Smokeless Ashtray
- It’s a car! It’s got a fan! It can kill you!
- It can kill you!
This is a frivolous item and one that has very little real world applications, but it amused us to no end and did its job well enough.
Price$ 16.90 (AUD)
It's not everyday that we get to review a product that is cute and can kill you. The Anyware Smokeless Ashtray is an adorable yellow VW Beetle with a flip top head containing a fan which sucks smoke from a cigarette and dissipates it so it doesn't escape into the room.
The ashtray is inside the car and the fan turns on as you open the lid to the annoying whirl of the internal fan. The smoke is sucked in by the fan and filtered through a layer of charcoal mesh which seems to absorb the smoke so it doesn't come out the other end. The fan itself also dissipates the smoke particles so they are no longer visible - so whether the sponge is absorbing them or if they simply can no longer be seen remains a mystery.
Here at the GoodGearGuide, we will stop at nothing to bring our readers the latest reviews even if that means putting our own lives in danger. To review this device we smoked a full packet of cigarettes and even downed a few beers to simulate the regular environment that it would be used in. On a serious note, the biggest problems with this product are that the fan is rather loud and the product itself seems completely pointless. Even without smoke in the ashtray there will still be smoke in the air from the actual smoking of the cigarette. On the other hand, it can help lessen lingering smoking odours and perhaps reduce the risk of passive smoking.
The Anyware Smokeless Ashtray uses two AA batteries to power the fan and can also be connected to a PC via USB. At the fairly cheap retail price it's a fun little gimmick, despite its flaws we enjoyed playing with it - maybe a little too much...
Join the PC World newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- IBM's hub for wearables could have you out of the hospital faster
- HoloLens Spectator View makes it easier to show off AR creations
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Google revamps Voice with long overdue makeover, new features
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTField Hardware Deployment EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorSA
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- CCBenefits/Business AnalystNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst Programmer - Financial - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSenior BANSW
- FTSenior Oracle DeveloperVIC
- TPInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTDocumentation AnalystNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- TPSenior Communications Officer | SharePointQLD
- FTTechnical Project Manager ( IT Infrastructure)ACT