Apple 30-inch Cinema HD Display
- Mammoth screen size, high native resolution (2560 x 1600), sleek design, compelling display qualities
- Short warranty
An amazing viewing experience.
Price$ 2,798.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
With an optimum resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels, users will be astounded by the amount of available desktop real-estate the Apple 30" Cinema Display affords. Having the ability to view three maximised Web pages and a plethora of other applications at once is just one of the pleasures of a 30" display.
The Apple's enclosure is minimalist in its design, with a thin silver bezel around the edges, and no extrusions or labelling. There are three recessed buttons on the right edge: two brightness controls and a power button. At the back of the monitor, there is a discreet USB and FireWire hub, with two ports of each variety. The panel is supported by a desktop stand that can be removed for wall-mounting the display (the wall mount is an optional accessory).
Installing the panel is as easy as plugging in power and connecting to your computer. Only the higher-end video cards can support the full resolution of the LCD. If you plan on running 3D-intensive games, note that running in resolutions lower than the native screen resolution would result in the effects of a scaled picture. To run a game at the screen's optimum resolution (2560 x 1600), the video card requirements would be along the lines of an Nvidia 6800GT, which could add a significant amount to your overall bill.
Using Apple's 30" display was a unique experience; the display quality was almost perfect in terms of colour reproduction, contrast ratio (400:1) and response rate (16ms). The viewing angle was exceptional at angles of up to 170 degrees on both the X and Y axis, exhibiting little to no colour shift. The Cinema HD Display lives up to its specifications.
Simply put, Apple's 30" Cinema HD Display panel is one of the best display's we have reviewed. Of course, these types of specifications come at a price, and the RRP of the display will deter many consumers. We're also concerned by the limited one-year warranty, as other manufacturers have been known to provide up to three years' warranty on LCDs.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- LG to unveil curved ultrawide monitor at IFA
- Ultra high-definition and 3.5mm bezels are traits of AOC’s new monitors
- Samsung's 28in monitor uses UHD to improve multitasking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW