ASUS Extreme N6600GT
- Great performance, great software bundle
- Quite expensive
A great performer; however, you definitely pay a premium for the extra processing power
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Looking at the performance results of this card, it quickly becomes obvious why ASUS has decided to bill this card as "Extreme". It beat other cards in its class in every single test that we ran and it did so very convincingly. In particular, Unreal Tournament 2003 ran blazingly fast at all resolutions and Doom 3 ran brilliantly in high-detail mode, even at a resolution of 1280 x 1024.
These scores were achieved by a reported GPU clock speed of 500MHz and a memory clock speed 1100MHz. It has a cooling system that encompasses the memory chips in addition to the GPU.
Output options on this card include VGA, DVI and S-Video and composite TV-out (via adapters) and because this card is based on the GT version of the 6600, it can also be used as part of an SLI configuration.
Software bundled with this card includes Doom 3, overclocking and hardware monitoring utilities, a software DVD player as well as PowerDirector 3DE and Medi@show SE 2.0. We recommend this card because of this useful bundle and its best-in-class performance.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours
- Intel's mobile future is in blazing modems as it buries Atom failure
- PC prices will continue to go up due to shortage of components
- Radeon Vega vs. GeForce GTX 1080 Ti? AMD, Nvidia announce dueling events at GDC 2017
- Toshiba's in chaos, but not quitting PCs -- yet
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Operations Centre EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTSenior ITIL Service AnalystVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW