Atlus Trauma Center: New Blood
- Two-player support is great, same brand of operating fun that we loved in Second Opinion
- There is nothing new or groundbreaking here, so if you weren't a fan before, this probably won't change your mind
If you liked the excellent Second Opinion, you'll love New Blood just as much.
It's been a while since we scrubbed in for some Trauma Center fun, but it looks like we have another reason to get back into the operating room now that the amazing Trauma Center: New Blood has arrived.
Paging Doctor who?
Taking a break away from crowded cities and harried emergency rooms, New Blood drops you in a remote Alaskan hospital where two talented doctors, Dr. Markus Vaughn and Dr. Valerie Blaylock are obviously wasting their talent on treating simple illnesses and maladies. Dr. Vaughn has mastered the invaluable healing touch, while Dr. Blaylock is getting close. However, the forces that be won't let the two doctors spend all their time on small tumours for long, and they are soon called upon to face a new terrifying medical menace named Stigma.
But with two surgeons in the same hospital, there's a lot more than just equal opportunity at work here. The best addition that New Blood brings to the table is its multiplayer co-op mode. Two players can work together to complete the various operations, with each doctor receiving their own separate score; naturally, this allows for a competitive angle that further ramps up the tension and anxiety already innate in Trauma Center series.
Order of operations
You can also add your scores to online leaderboards and take part in challenge episodes that have you racing against the clock to finish a string of operations against the clock. The game is a great follow-up to Second Opinion but the formula hasn't changed much.
It's disappointing to see that the graphics haven't been updated and that the gameplay hasn't taken a significant step forward, but there's still plenty of fun to be had. The storyline is great and the gameplay is as entertaining as you all remember from the other games.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
- Star Citizen dumps DirectX 12 plans to focus on Vulkan-powered graphics
- Dungeons and Dragons ditches pen and paper with D&D Beyond
- Exclusive no more: PlayStation 4 games are coming to the PC via PlayStation Now
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- FTJava Development Lead/ / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPProcess Business Analyst - Digital InnovationNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA
- TPDevOps ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- FTMS Dynamics DevelopersNSW
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Mortgage SolutionNSW
- CCSystems EngineerACT
- FTSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- FTMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTDocumentation AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT