Avanquest Photo Explosion Deluxe 4.0
If you haven't got the cash to splash on Adobe's Photoshop, there are plenty of cheaper alternatives when it comes to photo editing and manipulation software
- Not as fully featured as Photoshop
If you don't have the cash to splash on Photoshop, Avanquest Photo Explosion Deluxe 4.0 is a competent alternative. It's simple to use and offers great editing tools alongside fun functions making it ideal for all the family and, in particular, image-conscious Facebook fans.
Price$ 60.00 (AUD)
According to Avanquest this $60 program not only allows PC users to implement basic edits such as cropping and red-eye removal but also to enhance their images with artistic effects, remove blemishes and make them presentable for sharing on social networks such as Facebook and even create personalised gifts such as calendars and post cards from them. But is Avanquest Photo Explosion Deluxe 4.0 as simple and easy to use as Avanquest claims?
Actually, it is. To begin with you need to install the Avanquest Photo Explosion Deluxe 4.0 software on your PC, which takes around five minutes. Then you'll be presented with three shortcuts on your desktop; Photo Explosion Album, Photo Explosion Editor and Photo Explosion Project Studio.
By opening the Photos Explosion Album you'll be able to import the images and pictures saved on our PC into once place by simply clicking the get media button. The software will provide you with an explorer window that lets you search the different folders on your hard drive, looking for media to import into the album. It then lets you assign tags and search terms to each image, making it easier to locate them in the album.
Once you've created an album and assigned tags to you can then edit an image by selecting the ‘Fix & Enhance' button. This offers you four options; quick fix studio, instant artist studio, makeover studio and edit in Avanquest Photo Explosion Deluxe 4.0.
The Quick Fix Studio allows you to make simple edits to fix common problems such as removing red-eye and straightening images, while the edit in photo explosion lets you access the full set of tools in the photo-editing software
In particular we loved the Makeover studio. This offers step-by-step instructions to airbrush people in images to create a perfect look, from smoothing out wrinkles and brightening eyes to adding a fake tan, ideal for use on Facebook and other social networks.
Meanwhile, the instant artist studio allows you to add artistic effects such as turning your photo into a pencil sketch or water colour. Once you've saved the changes, you are transported back to your album. Here you can either chose a new image to edit or make use of the ‘Create & Share' option. We loved this because it not only allowed us to print our images or email them to friends but also allowed us to directly upload them to Facebook or Flickr.
Alternatively, the more competent users can open Photo Explosion Project Editor directly and access all of the photo-editing tools available in the software.
And once you've fixed your images, why not make something featuring them? The Photo Explosion Project Editor offers templates for hundreds of projects from greetings cards and calendars to scrapbooks.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst / DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW