AVG Identity Protection 8.5
AVG Identity Protection analyses the actions of applications to see whether any exhibit suspicious behaviour
- Can supplement your existing antimalware software
- Many antimalware programs are free
As an extra level of layered protection it's hard to fault AVG Identity Protection — until you consider its price.
Price$ 33.99 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
When it comes to protecting yourself against malware, you can't take too many precautions. AVG Identity Protection gives you another security tool to protect against malware threats specifically designed to steal private information such as passwords, bank account information, and credit card numbers.
Unlike many other antimalware programs that look at malware signatures to see whether you're infected, this program instead analyses the actions of applications to see whether any exhibit suspicious behaviour. If they do, AVG Identity Protection shuts down the program.
You can customise AVG Identity Protection in a variety of ways by telling it that certain applications are safe, for example. The program runs alongside your existing antimalware software and supplements it, rather than replaces it.
There's only one problem with AVG Identity Protection: its price. At $33.99, it's not cheap, especially considering that many antimalware programs are free. So you'll have to decide whether the extra peace of mind is worth the extra cost.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Govt working to tackle ‘challenges’ presented by encryption
- The FBI paid more than $1 million to hack the San Bernardino iPhone
- Turnbull launches government's cyber security strategy
- Adobe on QuickTime: You're up the creek without a paddle
- Hacker: This is how I broke into Hacking Team
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC