Baumann Meyer DT2600
- Good image quality, wide range of connectors
- No adjustment in base
A wide range of inputs, 1080i support, and two-year warranty make Baumann Meyer's DT2600 is a great choice for a widescreen TV.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
Baumann Meyer's DT2600 is an impressive 26" widescreen LCD TV. The Korean-built unit features a clean, elegant appearance to fit into most modern homes. It measures 85 by 46 by 20cm and weighs in at 16 kilograms.
Side speakers border the wide LCD panel, with a stand built into each speaker unit. This means the screen is solidly attached to the table, but there's no swivel or height adjustment on the base. Thankfully, a 100mm VESA wall mount is available.
The widescreen features a metallic border and silver finish. Baumann Meyer has opted for an understated finish with no front buttons. Instead, all the controls are found on the underside of the front face. They are a little hard to reach, but this isn't a massive issue as the remote control is both well laid-out and easy to use. All aspects of the screen functions are driven by the remote control, including the tuning, picture and audio settings.
The Autotune function is extremely quick, and image quality is excellent, with no ghosting or other visual artefacts noticeable during testing. Picture in picture is fully supported, as is Teletext and a range of widescreen modes. The panel runs at a native resolution of 1280 by 768 pixels, and looks great in a range of lighting conditions with a 500:1 contrast ratio and 450cd/m2 brightness rating. A 170° viewing angle also makes it extremely easy to see what's going on from all corners of the lounge room.
The unit includes a stereo analog TV tuner built in, but the device is available in Australia with a Topfield standard definition digital box at no extra cost, and can scale right the way up to handle 1080i content.
The rear panel features a standard array of inputs, including S-Video, component, SCART and composite. A VGA connector is also provided for those who want to attach the display to a computer, and an easy to reach side panel also includes composite and a second S-Video connector alongside a headphone socket.
The TV ships with a remote control, power cable and manual, and a two-year warranty should provide some peace of mind. At a reasonable price, Baumann Meyer is onto a winner with the DT2600.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTGraduate Software EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCDesktop RolloutVIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- TPProject OfficerNSW
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS