Belkin Australia TuneDok
- Simple, Functional, Different sized cups
- Not made for nano (although can still be used), Expensive
A simple yet intuitive device which saves space in your car
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
The phenomenal success of the iPod has seen a wealth of accessories for Apple's number one product hit the market. These range from speaker systems, to fashion covers and more recently, in-car entertainment. Hooking your iPod up to your car stereo is now a common activity and Belkin have jumped on the bandwagon with the basic, yet useful TuneDok.
The TuneDok is simply a dock or cradle which securely holds your iPod while it is in your vehicle. The TuneDok doesn't power or charge your iPod as there are no cables, but what it does provide is an intuitive storage option using your cars cup holder. Those of you without a cup holder won't find this product much use, but for the rest of us who have been provided with this wonderful invention (which admittedly, most of us probably don't even use!) the TuneDok is an excellent product.
If you are thinking your cupholder may be too big or too small for the holder, stop worrying as Belkin has cleverly included three different sized flexible cups to ensure that most cup holders in the world will accommodate this product. In fact, we tested it in three different cars and it suited all three, via a quick change of cup. Smart, innovative and simple.
The TuneDok is essentially a two piece cradle; a flexible rubber cup and a screw on iPod holder with a suction cup to ensure stability whilst on the road. To change the cup holder, you simply unscrew the cradle and screw it into the other cup holder that you wish to use. There's no annoying double sided tape, screws or mounts, which is good news for your cars interior.
The TuneDok cradle has been designed for the standard iPod, but we used an iPod nanowithout any major problems. A nice touch that Belkin should consider for future models would be adjustable side panels, to ensure the newer model iPods would fit more snugly, but again, we're being picky. We did notice however that the suction cap of the TuneDok left a mark on the back of our nano that didn't come off for a few days after use; another minor problem.
The TuneDok can also be used as a desk stand - simply unscrew the cup, flip it upside down and screw it in again. We're not sure why you'd want to use this option, but hey, it's been offered and we're not going to complain.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW