Could this monitor be wall mounted?
BenQ M2400HD LCD monitor
BenQ's latest 24-inch LCD monitor has a snazzy, white design and includes a detachable webcam
- Gloss white colour scheme, HDMI input, straightforward controls, full HD resolution, 2ms response time, included webcam and speakers, USB ports
- A little expensive, question marks over build quality, some image noise via HDMI, stand isn't height adjustable, controls aren't backlit, viewing angles could be improved
Although it’s a little pricey compared to similar 24in models, BenQ's M2400HD LCD monitor does include a number of nifty extras like a detachable webcam and USB ports. The full HD resolution combined with a HDMI port make it a great choice for gaming.
Price$ 649.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 7 stores)
- Aussie Stock Mnb-w1070 Pn: 9h.j7l77.17p, Benq W... 1140.05
- Benq W1070 3d Full Hd Home Theatre Cinema Proje... 2169.00
- Benq 24 Inch Wide Led Lcd Monitor Gl2460hm 256.46
Designed to stand out from the crowd with its gloss white and silver colour scheme, and a detachable, 2-megapixel webcam, BenQ's M2400HD is a full HD 24in LCD monitor. An HDMI input means its ideal for high definition content, and its image quality is above average.
The BenQ M2400HD LCD monitor attempts to strike a chord with potential users by moving away from the standard gloss or matte black colour schemes of most LCD monitors on the market. Instead, BenQ has opted for a gloss white and silver colour that tends to give it a more Mac-like feel. The bezel is glossy but doesn't reflect too much light, and the screen itself has a matte finish, so using this screen in an office environment is recommended. The angled stand and base matches the monitor design although it does creak in certain places when pressed, suggesting build quality could be improved. The M2400HD LCD monitor is wall mountable using a standard VESA mount.
The angled bottom edge of the bezel houses the power button while the rest of the controls are located on the right bezel. The controls are better placed than most other models in BenQ's range, including the BenQ G2412HD — they aren't backlit, but they are clearly labelled and easy to press, providing good tactility.
The BenQ M2400HD LCD monitor has a native resolution of 1920x1080 — Full HD. Combined with its 16:9 aspect ratio and HDMI input, it means this monitor is great for watching high-definition movies. We hooked it up to both a Blu-ray player and Microsoft's Xbox 360 games console and the results were impressive. We were particularly pleased with this monitor's ability to display fast motion — with a 2ms response time, motion is smooth with no visible ghosting when viewing any of our source material. Like BenQ's G2412 LCD monitor, we did encounter some slight image noise when using the HDMI input.
For regular computer use, the BenQ M2400HD has DVI and D-Sub connections and provides good image quality and performance. Colour reproduction is excellent and the overall image is sharp and clear. Fine dark details are sometimes lost and skin tones are slightly over-saturated. For office use, the BenQ G2412HD LCD monitor displays text crisply with no visible aberrations.
The BenQ M2400HD's viewing angles are rated at 160/170 degrees, but there is noticeable colour shift and detail loss when viewing the screen from off-centre. These viewing angles aren't any better or worse than most TN panels on the market, so it isn't a huge detraction.
Annoyingly, BenQ doesn't include a DVI or HDMI cable in the sales package, though there is a USB cable, audio cable and the standard VGA cable.
The BenQ M2400HD does include a number of extras for its price, including a detachable 2-megapixel webcam. The camera offers adequate performance and is styled to perfectly compliment the white bezel design of the monitor. It connects via a top mounted USB port and is tilt-adjustable but best of all it works as a stand-alone webcam with any PC or notebook. The BenQ M2400HD also includes dual speakers, two side mounted USB ports, a USB input, a standard 3.5mm audio jack, and a side mounted headphone jack.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
- Amazing 2ms refresh rate and crystal clear image.
- white, no other colors available
- • • •
Best monitor I've ever owned, insanely fast refresh rate of 2ms and image quality that's second to none. Also the inbuilt webcams as well as USB ports help out a lot.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW