First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Another YouTube competitor
- More than 26 million hours of video!
- Nothing of note
YouTube's popularity has spawned a number of copycat sites and even paved the way for online entertainment networks that allow users to freely stream content and download it for use elsewhere. Blinkx is one of the bigger ones.
Blinkx is a similar service to Joost but, rather than having video content stored on the website, Blinkx acts as a search engine, trawling the Web for video content that relates to your keywords. It provides a list of matching content for you to access.
Blinkx has signed more than 350 media partnerships, including deals with several national broadcasters, and the service offers more than 26 million hours of video.
Of course, user-created content is one area of entertainment that's really taken off over the past few years — YouTube is a prime example of this success. The video Web site allows users to upload videos and share them with literally hundreds of thousands of viewers, almost like 'You've Been Framed' for the digital generation.
Latest News Articles
- BenQ in talks with Australian telcos following Kogan smartphone partnership
- Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe
- Kogan and BenQ drive 4G smartphone pricing down with $229 Agora 4G
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.