BlueAnt Supertooth II
- Easy to use, great sound, multi-pairing
- A touch pricey
Blueant's Supertooth II Bluetooth portable handsfree offers outstanding audio combined with straightforward controls and long battery life. If you need to talk on a mobile regularly in traffic, it's a great buy.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Blueant's SuperTooth II Bluetooth portable handsfree kit is a clever product designed to be mounted in just about any modern vehicle to facilitate safe--and legal--mobile phone conversation in a moving car.
The kit ships with a base plate that can be permanently attached to a sun visor. A couple of small but powerful magnets on the rear face of the device itself allow it to be attached when required, and then removed for parking. The SuperTooth II measures 14 x 6 x 2.5cm, making it small enough to fit into a trouser pocket, notebook case or handbag between uses.
The design reflects the fact that drivers using the device need to have their eyes on the road, and a single button next to the microphone is used to pick up and hang up the connection. The panel also features a couple of indicator lights: one to signify Bluetooth connectivity and the other for battery charge. The battery offers up to 20 hours of talk time and a phenomenal 800 hours standby.
The device operates in full-duplex mode, meaning you can talk and hear at the same time. The front face features a volume knob, and the 5cm speaker is loud enough to overcome the noisiest of cars. The noise-cancelling microphone isn't overly sensitive, and there were no problems with the device picking up feedback during operation.
In fact, in our testing the entire unit worked flawlessly: the audio was clear and crisp, and the microphone was sufficiently powerful to avoid having to yell into it to be heard at the other end. And just in case you come across a noisy environment that overpowers the speaker, a headphone is also included in the package.
Both in-car and AC charge adapters are also provided in the SuperTooth II package, and the battery takes around 3.5 hours to charge completely. Blueant's comprehensive Web site at www.blueant.com.au includes a list of compatible Bluetooth mobile phones and PDAs, and we found no problems pairing the SuperTooth II with a Nokia 6230i, a Motorola A1000 and a HP iPAQ h6365 smartphone. In fact, it supports multi-pairing to two devices, which means it can be paired to two devices at once!
With ample connectivity options, decent sound, and clever features like multi-pairing, the SuperTooth II kit hits the mark perfectly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Grab a $49 Android tablet with your grocery shopping
- Wearable technology is more than displaying information: Jawbone
- Home Depot spent $43 million on data breach in just one quarter
- Breaking up is hard to do, but HP won't look back
- San Francisco DA pushes for chip payment cards in tech's backyard
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW