Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset
Bose's Mobile In-Ear Headset, provides quality sound at a premium price.
- Looks good, comfortable, excellent sound quality, outstanding bass, in-line answer key and microphone
- Not a strong seal, no noise cancelling, call audio could be improved
If you're after a replacement for your mediocre mobile phone headphones, then you could do worse than the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset. Although predictably pricey, it offers outstanding bass, excellent sound quality and good looks.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Bose has a reputation for producing high quality headphones and it has now branched into the mobile space. The Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset is suitable for a range of mobile phones including the Apple iPhone. It produces outstanding bass and excellent sound quality, but doesn't have a strong seal and lets in more external noise than we liked.
The Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset has one of the strangest headphone designs we've seen. In addition to a twisted black and white cord, the earbuds look like a cross between a UFO and a pancake. We think the design is attractive though, and it isn't all about looks — the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset is very comfortable to wear, even for long listening periods.
Though described as in-ear headphones by Bose, the headset doesn’t sit as deep in the ear canal as in-ear monitors (IEMs). While this makes the earbuds more comfortable, it means the seal with your eardrum isn't as significant as with most IEMs — so more external noise is let in. For example, we could hear our keystrokes while typing this review and using the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset at the same time (whoever said men can't multitask has clearly not taken a trip to the GoodGearGuide office!) Bose includes small, medium and large silicon tips in the sales package and they are easy to replace.
Overall sound quality is impressive, but it's bass that's the real star of the show. It is the most powerful of any portable headphones we've reviewed, without massively overpowering other elements of the music. The bass-heavy nature won't suit all listeners and will probably turn off most audiophiles — it's more suited to electronic and dance genres. The powerful bass slightly overshadows the treble, which isn’t as prominent or punchy as expected, but mid-range is detailed.
The Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset also includes an inline microphone and answer button. Using an iPhone, you can press the button once to pause, twice to skip tracks forward and three times to reverse skip tracks. Unfortunately, the controls don't include volume buttons, so you'll still need to adjust this using the iPhone itself. Audio quality for phone calls isn't as impressive as music. Our callers didn't complain, but incoming audio isn’t completely clear and our callers often sounded distant.
Join the PC World newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- TPProject OfficerNSW
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- CCSenior Technical Consultant - MicrosoftACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCFinancial Business AnalystACT