Broderbund MediaShop TunePlus
- User interface, Ease of setup, Features list
- Not compatible with Mac OSX
At this price, Mediashop TunePlus is a bargain. It offers plenty of features that are normally only possible by using multiple third party programs and comes highly recommended.
Price$ 19.95 (AUD)
Have you ever wanted to copy your music directly from your iPod to your PC, but have been hindered by the lack of this functionality in iTunes? If you answered yes, then you should definately check out Broderbund MediaShop TunePlus. iTunes may be intuitive and user friendly but it lacks most of the features this program provides.
Mediashop TunePlus is a software package for your iPod which allows you to copy tracks directly from your iPod, syncronise Microsoft Outlook contacts, back up valuable files and download podcasts from any website you wish; all tasks that have previously been difficult to do without multiple third party applications.
Mediashop TunePlus is compatible with all iPod's, including the iPod shuffle (1st Generation). Set up is relatively easy; install the software and then connect your iPod to your PC. Mediashop TunePlus then takes you through a step-by-step guide to set-up your iPod for use with the software. The program is simple to use thanks to a well laid out design and uncluttered interface.
The main functions of the software are provided in a horizontal bar beneath the toolbar at the top of the interface. There are menus for Info, Songs, Backup, Notepad, Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Notes, Tasks, News, Movies, Podcasts, Horoscopes and Weather. These are all easily accessible, with convenient icons ensuring usability remains a key factor throughout.
Undoubtedly the best of TunePlus' features is the ability to copy music straight from your player onto your computer. To select songs, all you do is mark the tracks you need to transfer and then click Actions from the song browser window, then select Copy Music. It really is a remarkably simple process and we can't give the program enough credit in this regard.
TunePlus is built using a plug-in framework. Each TunePlus plug-in provides a specific piece of functionality. Using the plug-ins framework, you can customise TunePlus so it only loads the plug-ins you want to use. These can be changed at any time using the Plug-In Selection menu and if you only use a handful of functions that TunePlus provides, this will speed up your experience with the software.
Other notable functions that TunePlus provides include automatically organising your files for burning to CDs and DVDs, synchronising Microsoft Outlook contacts, calendar, emails, tasks, and notes and backing up your files. The biggest disappointment is the lack of support for Mac OS X which we found very frustrating.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTL&D Consultant, Wealth AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT