Bush BR10DAB digital radio
This budget digital radio is easy to use and will let you listen to DAB+ and FM radio
- Acceptable monaural sound quality, simple to use
- Limited DAB+ functionality, no line-out or additional functions
If you’re looking for a simple DAB+ radio, you can’t go wrong with the Bush BR10DAB. It tunes in and plays DAB+ radio without a hassle.
Price$ 169.00 (AUD)
Bush’s BR10DAB DAB+ digital radio receiver incorporates a single speaker and a tuner in a simple body. It offers acceptable sound quality and has an easy-to-use interface.
If you don’t want or need advanced features or extra connectivity — and just want a no-frills upgrade to your old transistor radio for the kitchen or work cubicle — Bush’s BR10DAB digital radio fits the bill well. The Bush BR10DAB has DAB+ and FM reception (with 10 presets for each), an option for battery or AC power, a headphone jack, a two-line, non-backlit LCD screen, and an antenna.
The Bush BR10DAB may be light on features but it’s light on price as well, with an RRP of just $169 when we tested it. That’s a significant saving over the $249 it costs to pick up the Pure ONE Classic, which is also positioned as an entry-level digital radio. Digital radios like the Sangean DPR-99 cost even more.
The speaker has a single Watt of output, which is enough for near-field listening on a desk or in a small space like a kitchen or bathroom. We’d be reluctant to take it to a picnic and it certainly won’t be fulfilling any party duties, but the Bush BR10DAB’s speaker is nonetheless free of distortion at its maximum volume.
Sound from the Bush BR10DAB is crisp and treble-focused, with not much mid-range and no bass to speak of. There are no sound adjustment options. The headphone jack provides adequate sound quality for listening to radio, and the volume is more than loud enough for everyday use.
The tuner was no less sensitive than the more expensive models we pitted it against, with the radio able to pick up the full gamut of digital radio stations currently broadcasting in the Sydney metropolitan area. The screen is small, but with scrolling text it is eventually able to show all the necessary information. There are no advanced DAB+ features, such as a recording buffer for time-shifted audio, but at this price we weren’t expecting anything more than the basics. The Bush BR10DAB was quick to switch between DAB+ and FM radio modes, and switching between stations was equally speedy.
If all you want to do is listen to the new range of stations available on the digital spectrum, Bush’s BR10DAB is a great choice. It may not have the advanced features of other models, but it’s one of the cheapest ways to jump into the world of digital radio.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedVIC
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityVIC
- CCSenior consultant/ Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- CCTableau ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC