Bush BR20DAB digital radio
This Bush digital radio is curvy, black and sexy
- Very attractive design, great sound quality, appealing price
- No alarm clock, bass boost causes muffled audio at high volumes
Overall we are very pleased with the Bush BR20DAB digital radio: it has a reasonable price and good sound quality.
Price$ 179.00 (AUD)
The Bush BR20DAB is the latest in a line of great digital radios to be released in the lead-up to Christmas.
This digital radio is curvy, black and sexy. The whole front panel is a mesh-covered speaker, leaving the top panel for the touch button navigation controls. It has a glossy black finish as well as a chrome handle on the top.
Overall the sound quality is good; the treble and mid tones are even and there is a bass boost system to give the low frequencies more kick. When the volume is turned up, there is hardly any distortion at all in the 1.5W RMS speakers. However the bass boost (if turned on while the volume is turned up) can muffle the sound slightly.
Priced at $179, the BR20DAB is cheaper than other digital radios on the market, and we believe that you get a lot more for your money than you do with similarly priced radios like the Philips AE5320. You can plug in an MP3 player through the auxiliary input port on the side, allowing you to use the radio as a speaker. The BR20DAB picks up both DAB+ and FM frequencies and you can also store up to 20 station presets. It should also be noted that even with the antenna down the radio has excellent reception.
The touch panel controls are responsive and it is easy to navigate using the two-line LCD display, which is bright and easy to read. The top panel of the radio is illuminated with electric blue LEDs allowing the user to easily see which buttons do what.
The Bush BR20DAB is easy to take with you; although it requires six C batteries, it still remains relatively light and the build quality is sturdy enough for you to take it to a picnic without worrying too much about it breaking. The Bush BR20DAB automatically updates the time via the digital radio service, sweetening the deal — no more fiddling around trying to reset things when daylight savings comes round! Unfortunately there’s no alarm clock, which we found a tad annoying. Ultimately we were impressed both by the attractive design and the performance of this digital radio.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the PC World newsletter!
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- FTLead PMONSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA