Canon imageCLASS MF5750
- Great copy quality, nice button layout
- No additional paper trays
This well-appointed MFP should be up to handling the workload in most small offices.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The Canon imageCLASS MF5750 looms 17.4" high and 19.1" wide. I liked the layout of the front panel, which includes three large buttons for copy, fax, and scan, flanked by fax settings and copy settings and a good-size LCD menu in the middle.
The MF5750 was reasonably quick, too, matching or exceeding the average speed of most other monochrome laser MFPs we have looked at on all three functions--printing, scanning and copying. During testing, it printed both text and graphics documents quickly, at 14.9 pages per minute and 7.9ppm, respectively. This unit also scanned a colour image in 27.2 seconds, and it copied a page of text in 4.1 seconds.
The MF5750's print quality, though not stellar, was reasonably good. It produced sharp, dark text that was legible even at 2-point type size. A series of narrow parallel lines looked straight and even, with virtually no banding. A greyscale photo printed at default settings appeared too light and a bit washed out, though it was smooth and clean. Photos printed in the Best mode yielded graphics with much better contrast.
The MF5750 delivered top-class copy quality, with straight black letters in a copied page of text. Colour scans from the Canon had a smooth texture and reproduced colour accurately.
Canon's MF Toolbox scan software allows scanning via the PC and saving the image to an email message or graphics file. The user can configure two custom buttons to choose the scanner and to designate where to put the scan; thereafter, clicking a button will save the scan to the preconfigured place. Other than a fairly extensive driver, MF Toolbox is the only software Canon bundles with the MF5750.
The main paper tray holds 250 sheets, but Canon doesn't offer any additional paper trays as options. Ethernet is an optional extra, however.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- HP offers US$1 billion for Samsung's printer business
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW