Carbonite 3.5 online backup
- Try before you buy, quick and easy to download, doesn't slow down your PCs performance while running in the background
- The iinitial backup will take a while
Carbonite 3.5 is sold as backup for everyone, and we'd have to agree, it's a simple secure way to make sure that all your files are kept safe from harm.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 3 stores)
To back up, you can buy an external drive and save your data to that, or opt for an online service such as Carbonite 3.5.
If you consider what you store on your computer, whether it's critical work documents or priceless family photos, backing up your files really is essential. After all, no matter how much we all rely on technology, we also know it's far from infallible and could you really face losing all that precious data?
There are various approaches to backup – you can buy an external drive and back up all your data to that, or you can opt for an online service such as Carbonite 3.5.
For around $49.95 a year Carbonite 3.5 offers a really easy way to protect all your files against a data disaster. Best of all you can try it for free without committing even a credit card number, so you can make a really educated decision about whether it's right for your needs.
And we can tell you now that Carbonite 3.5 is certainly a great choice. It takes virtually no time to download and install, and after answering a few security questions you can start backing up immediately.
You can either automatically back up 'My Documents' and your PC's desktop, or manually select which files you want to save later.
If you choose to select your own files you can keep tabs on the backup status of each file using the coloured dot system. A file with a green dot has been backed up, a yellow dot denotes pending backup and no dot means it's not selected for backup.
It will automatically back up your files in the background, and because it works when your PC is idle, we didn't notice any slow down in performance. The first backup does take a while, but after that backups are incremental, so only things that have been changed will be stored again, which speeds up the whole process.
Restoring files is simple too. You just select the remote Carbonite drive from 'My Computer', open up the folder, which holds all your files and copy the ones you want back on to your computer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW