Casio Exilim Pro EX-P700
- Compact, great bracketing feature, remote included.
- Features could work better, no RAW support, poor video.
A great compact camera for photo enthusiasts.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
A small camera in a big camera's category, the EX-P700 is one of the smallest cameras in its class. It's almost small enough to fit in a pocket. Don't be fooled, however, it combines most of the features of a high-end professional camera into a compact body.
Our personal favourites were the variety of bracketing and high-speed capture functions, which allow multiple shots to be taken in very small periods, providing fram-by-frame analysis of a specific action (such as a golf swing).
It has all the standard features you would expect of a camera at this price, including manual aperture, shutter speed, white balance and flash controls. There is also a "best shot" setting, where you choose from a list of predetermined configurations by selecting the picture that most looks like the intended result. Your own configuration can also be saved, which is great if regularly shooting in the same environments.
Pictures are taken at 7.2 megapixels, and they were as good as those taken by most other models with this resolution. They were not quite as sharp as those produced by 8 megapixel cameras in this category, but for many the extra cost would not justify the increase in quality.
One big negative with the EX-P700 is that it does not support the RAW format, offering only JPEG and TIFF file formats.
While it can record video, the camera only supports 320 x 240 video at 15fps. It does have unlimited video recording (many cameras limit the length) - however, it suffers from the long load and save times that seem to plague many Casio models.
The camera itself looks great. It has a solid, stainless steel exterior and feels sturdy without being overly heavy.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW