Chronos iRadio Pop
Easy Internet radio
- Simple to use, large variety of stations
- There are free alternatives
The iRadio Pop simplifies finding and listening to Internet radio stations that suit you. It attempts to compete against free alternatives through ease of use and a massive catalogue of stations.
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
The iRadio Pop is a software/USB stick combo that provides a searchable catalogue of up to 13,000 Internet radio stations. Although the program is easy to use, some users may be turned off by having to pay for the iRadio Pop when the stations can be accessed for free. The product is able to be rebranded as nifty marketing device for companies.
The software launches straight from the USB stick, opening a small window that gives the user the ability to search, play and record various Internet radio stations. Stations are searchable by name, frequency, region and genre if available.
All stations play at the highest possible streaming bit rate; we had no issue with the sound. Quality and reception was excellent and there were no drop-outs while listening to stations. Users also have the choice of recording the station stream to a 192kbps WMA file.
The software's biggest advantage is that the catalogue is entirely Web-based rather than stored locally. Because of this, any changes Chronos makes to its database will instantly be recognised by the software and won't require an update.
Chronos' indexing of Web-based radio stations in a single searchable catalogue is an excellent option for those new to Internet radio. While there are free alternatives, the size of the iRadio catalogue makes it worth considering.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turnbull touts UNSW’s quantum capability as “world’s best”
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- Chrome turns 50 and stands at a crossroads
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW