Chronos iRadio Pop
Easy Internet radio
- Simple to use, large variety of stations
- There are free alternatives
The iRadio Pop simplifies finding and listening to Internet radio stations that suit you. It attempts to compete against free alternatives through ease of use and a massive catalogue of stations.
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
The iRadio Pop is a software/USB stick combo that provides a searchable catalogue of up to 13,000 Internet radio stations. Although the program is easy to use, some users may be turned off by having to pay for the iRadio Pop when the stations can be accessed for free. The product is able to be rebranded as nifty marketing device for companies.
The software launches straight from the USB stick, opening a small window that gives the user the ability to search, play and record various Internet radio stations. Stations are searchable by name, frequency, region and genre if available.
All stations play at the highest possible streaming bit rate; we had no issue with the sound. Quality and reception was excellent and there were no drop-outs while listening to stations. Users also have the choice of recording the station stream to a 192kbps WMA file.
The software's biggest advantage is that the catalogue is entirely Web-based rather than stored locally. Because of this, any changes Chronos makes to its database will instantly be recognised by the software and won't require an update.
Chronos' indexing of Web-based radio stations in a single searchable catalogue is an excellent option for those new to Internet radio. While there are free alternatives, the size of the iRadio catalogue makes it worth considering.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft claims 110M devices now run Windows 10
- Windows 10 growth slows, but breaks 100M device mark
- Google Photos’ big, helpful Android update goes live
- Microsoft’s Sydney store will open its doors on 12 November
- Tim Cook on Apple and Microsoft partnership: 'It's what customers want'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW