Citrix Online GoToWebinar 4.0
Feature-packed webinar software.
- The addition of native VoIP support and the ability to record for later playback are both great enhancements
- You cannot delete the traditional US teleconference dial-in numbers when you add a local Australian number
Any business from a one person operation up to a large corporate company can use this software to run custom webinars for up to 1000 attendees.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Virtual meetings are now an accepted part of any company’s communication toolset. Whereas a Web cast is typically a one-way Web conference from the speaker to the audience — usually with limited audience interaction — a webinar is designed to be a more collaborative form of communication.
In webinars the presenter may speak over a standard telephone line, discussing the information being presented on screen to the audience — who in turn can respond over their own telephones (preferably speakerphones). Webinars can include audience polling and question and answer sessions to provide greater audience participation.
GoToWebinar 4.0 from CitrixOnline offers some key enhancements with this latest version. Of note, GoToWebinar 4.0 now provides out of the box support for both traditional voice conferencing — via a regular handset or VoIP telephony using its integrated audio conferencing called Total Audio. With the release of version 4.0, full Mac OS support is provided. CitrixOnline does not offer any support for Linux desktops nor are there any public plans to do so in the near future.
GoToWebinar is an example of software as a service (SaaS), and to use the application you sign up to either a month by month service or take out a yearly subscription. Both options provide unlimited webinars for up to 1000 attendees.
Once the applet is installed on your PC you are ready to schedule your first webinar by right clicking on the orange system tray icon. Once the date and time is set you are taken to the My Webinars page where you can customise your webinar by adding polls, designing surveys and sending e-mail reminders.
Registration details for webinars can be customised, required or optional. If you do not need to capture the registration details you can select the “meet now” option and invite attendees on the fly via e-mail. A handy feature in version 4 of GoToWebinar is its ability to schedule recurring webinars either for the same group of attendees or a different group of attendees. This is a big time saver if you plan to run the same content over multiple sessions. Additionally, using the My Webinars page you are able to track the status and details of your upcoming event(s) including the number of registered attendees.
The dashboard is the control centre for GoToWebinar. It is where a host/presenter shares their screen or gives control of their keyboard and mouse to a remote user. Using the dashboard controls, a webinar can be set to be recorded for future playback .
The dashboard also allows the host/presenter to “chat” with logged-in attendees while the webinar is running. Polling questions are also launched from within the dashboard.
If the record option was selected using the dashboard, when you exit the webinar, GoToWebinar will process the session and save a file locally to the host/presenter PC. This can take almost as long as the original webinar so make sure you aren't in a hurry.
Post-webinar follow-up and feedback is a strong feature of the GoToWebinar software. The package has a number of preconfigured reports that the host/presenter is able access after the webinar concludes. These reports can be used for lead qualification and follow up.
GoToWebinar 4.0 costs US$$99.00 per month, or $79.00 on an annual plan.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW