Citrix Online GoToWebinar 4.0
Feature-packed webinar software.
- The addition of native VoIP support and the ability to record for later playback are both great enhancements
- You cannot delete the traditional US teleconference dial-in numbers when you add a local Australian number
Any business from a one person operation up to a large corporate company can use this software to run custom webinars for up to 1000 attendees.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Virtual meetings are now an accepted part of any company’s communication toolset. Whereas a Web cast is typically a one-way Web conference from the speaker to the audience — usually with limited audience interaction — a webinar is designed to be a more collaborative form of communication.
In webinars the presenter may speak over a standard telephone line, discussing the information being presented on screen to the audience — who in turn can respond over their own telephones (preferably speakerphones). Webinars can include audience polling and question and answer sessions to provide greater audience participation.
GoToWebinar 4.0 from CitrixOnline offers some key enhancements with this latest version. Of note, GoToWebinar 4.0 now provides out of the box support for both traditional voice conferencing — via a regular handset or VoIP telephony using its integrated audio conferencing called Total Audio. With the release of version 4.0, full Mac OS support is provided. CitrixOnline does not offer any support for Linux desktops nor are there any public plans to do so in the near future.
GoToWebinar is an example of software as a service (SaaS), and to use the application you sign up to either a month by month service or take out a yearly subscription. Both options provide unlimited webinars for up to 1000 attendees.
Once the applet is installed on your PC you are ready to schedule your first webinar by right clicking on the orange system tray icon. Once the date and time is set you are taken to the My Webinars page where you can customise your webinar by adding polls, designing surveys and sending e-mail reminders.
Registration details for webinars can be customised, required or optional. If you do not need to capture the registration details you can select the “meet now” option and invite attendees on the fly via e-mail. A handy feature in version 4 of GoToWebinar is its ability to schedule recurring webinars either for the same group of attendees or a different group of attendees. This is a big time saver if you plan to run the same content over multiple sessions. Additionally, using the My Webinars page you are able to track the status and details of your upcoming event(s) including the number of registered attendees.
The dashboard is the control centre for GoToWebinar. It is where a host/presenter shares their screen or gives control of their keyboard and mouse to a remote user. Using the dashboard controls, a webinar can be set to be recorded for future playback .
The dashboard also allows the host/presenter to “chat” with logged-in attendees while the webinar is running. Polling questions are also launched from within the dashboard.
If the record option was selected using the dashboard, when you exit the webinar, GoToWebinar will process the session and save a file locally to the host/presenter PC. This can take almost as long as the original webinar so make sure you aren't in a hurry.
Post-webinar follow-up and feedback is a strong feature of the GoToWebinar software. The package has a number of preconfigured reports that the host/presenter is able access after the webinar concludes. These reports can be used for lead qualification and follow up.
GoToWebinar 4.0 costs US$$99.00 per month, or $79.00 on an annual plan.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - Voice And DataVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT