Creative Labs MuVo TX FM
- Voice and FM radio recording, small and lightweight, easily operated
- Limited storage space, small screen
The player's small size and range of features make it ideal for an active lifestyle but restrict its functionality. Buy this product for its convenient and adaptive design, not for its storage space.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Creative's MuVo TX FM MP3 player combines a wide range of audio features into a lightweight, palm-sized player.
Weighing only 32 grams (without battery), the player is perfectly suited to a life on the go. With MP3 playback, voice recording and recordable FM radio, the MuVo TX FM packs a lot of features into a remarkably small frame. The same frame also supports controls that, while tiny, are easily and intuitively operated. Volume is controlled digitally via two large buttons, while a single dial provides menu navigation, skip/fastforward, and tuning for the FM radio. A play/pause button on the front of the player, above the LCD screen, also serves as an on/off button.
The screen measures about 1" in length, and displays the ID3 tag of the track currently playing. The screen's display can be flipped for left-handed users. The menu system is simple, and an inbuilt equaliser offers four presets--Jazz, Classical, Pop and Rock--as well as custom five-band equalisation. Songs can be organised into folders, which provides playlist-like functionality, enabling the user to play a single album or track on repeat or shuffle.
The MuVo TX FM comes with between 128MB and 1GB of flash memory, which can be used to store data files such as photos, reports or office presentations in addition to the regular range of MP3, WMA and WAV file types playable by the device. FM radio can be recorded in WAV format, as can voice via the device's inbuilt microphone. However, the microphone only picks up noise from a very small radius, making it suitable for personal use only. There is no way to connect an external microphone.
The stereo earphones that come with the MuVo offer poor sound quality, but the player is compatible with other headphones.
Connecting to PCs via USB 2.0, the player uses a simple drag and drop interface for file transfer, and doesn't require any special software to quickly and efficiently transfer files between its memory and a computer. The thumbdrive-style connector is bulkier than a simple USB cable, and may not interface easily with some machines (laptops especially), depending on where their ports are located.
An alkaline AAA battery provides up to 15 hours of continuous playback.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- CCData Centre Design Engineer - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)ACT
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTHRIS ConsultantQLD
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTLead PMONSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC