Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra
Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra easier to use and almost as powerful as the competing offerings from Nero and Roxio.
- Easy to use
- Limited quantity of included DVD menu templates
Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra performs just about every disc-related task that the competition can handle — and does so extremely well. Include it in your comparisons with Roxio and Nero when you shop; it's that good.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
Look out, Nero and Roxio: Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra — a media and disc-burning suite — is easier to use and almost as powerful as the competing offerings from Nero and Roxio. Not only does it sport a consistent, easy-to-learn, animated interface suite-wide, that puts the ones in Nero 9 and Roxio Creator 2009 to shame, but it also assembles a competitive feature set. Like the Nero and Roxio suites, it sometimes provides the same functionality in more than one module, but not to the same confusing degree.
Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra includes Cyberlink's industry-leading PowerDVD 8 software movieplayer (Blu-ray and HD DVD included), its highly rated PowerDirector movie editor/creator, its MediaShow slide-show creator, its PowerProducer movie disc creator, and its Power2Go disc-burning app. Each of the modules is at least as easy to intuit and use as the competition's.
New features in Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra include PowerProducer's ability to import both h.264 and AAC (the Ultra Suite edition exports h.264 only), and PowerDirector's ability to export directly to iPod, iPhone, and PSP.
The updated PowerDVD now decodes AAC audio tracks, too, and it has new library functions that allow you to keep track of the videos on your system more easily.
Other elements of Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra are PowerBackup, a convenient file-based backup utility whose only shortcoming is that it can't back up open files; Power DVD Copy, which can duplicate non-copy-protected discs of most types; Label Printer, an uncomplicated label creator; the InstaBurn packet-writing application for use with rewritable CD and DVD media; and access to Cyberlink's new online content and community.
If you feel constrained by the limited quantity of included DVD menu templates or other content, you can head online and look for more; the offering we found there were all free and seemed to be of a high quality.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- Windows tablets available for under $100
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- Opera pitches all-you-can-eat app stores to mobile operators
- Apple-IBM products in November? Not quite
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW