Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra
Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra easier to use and almost as powerful as the competing offerings from Nero and Roxio.
- Easy to use
- Limited quantity of included DVD menu templates
Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra performs just about every disc-related task that the competition can handle — and does so extremely well. Include it in your comparisons with Roxio and Nero when you shop; it's that good.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Look out, Nero and Roxio: Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra — a media and disc-burning suite — is easier to use and almost as powerful as the competing offerings from Nero and Roxio. Not only does it sport a consistent, easy-to-learn, animated interface suite-wide, that puts the ones in Nero 9 and Roxio Creator 2009 to shame, but it also assembles a competitive feature set. Like the Nero and Roxio suites, it sometimes provides the same functionality in more than one module, but not to the same confusing degree.
Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra includes Cyberlink's industry-leading PowerDVD 8 software movieplayer (Blu-ray and HD DVD included), its highly rated PowerDirector movie editor/creator, its MediaShow slide-show creator, its PowerProducer movie disc creator, and its Power2Go disc-burning app. Each of the modules is at least as easy to intuit and use as the competition's.
New features in Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra include PowerProducer's ability to import both h.264 and AAC (the Ultra Suite edition exports h.264 only), and PowerDirector's ability to export directly to iPod, iPhone, and PSP.
The updated PowerDVD now decodes AAC audio tracks, too, and it has new library functions that allow you to keep track of the videos on your system more easily.
Other elements of Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra are PowerBackup, a convenient file-based backup utility whose only shortcoming is that it can't back up open files; Power DVD Copy, which can duplicate non-copy-protected discs of most types; Label Printer, an uncomplicated label creator; the InstaBurn packet-writing application for use with rewritable CD and DVD media; and access to Cyberlink's new online content and community.
If you feel constrained by the limited quantity of included DVD menu templates or other content, you can head online and look for more; the offering we found there were all free and seemed to be of a high quality.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft claims 110M devices now run Windows 10
- Windows 10 growth slows, but breaks 100M device mark
- Google Photos’ big, helpful Android update goes live
- Microsoft’s Sydney store will open its doors on 12 November
- Tim Cook on Apple and Microsoft partnership: 'It's what customers want'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW